Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Cleansing Solution locked

MarcusZwirner
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I'm currently performing a Data Health Check (DHC) for a German customer.

Within that DHC I want to use the Data Cleansing Advisor (DCA) for address cleansing and matching. But unfortunately I have some problems with that.

In my environment the repositories for IPS, DS and IS were created in a MS SQL Server database. The embedded SQL Anywhere database wasn't installed.

But I found out that the staging database for the DCA is - nevertheless - a SQL Anywhere database (located under C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObject Enterprise XI 4.0\Data\DCA-SA\Data as DCA.db).

Before I started that database (using dbsrv12.exe from the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinesObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\Data\DCA-SA\bin64) I got the error message "Unable to access staging tables for cleanse operation" when creating a Data Cleansing solution (seems to be the same as in SAP note 2143417 even if I'm using IS version 4.2 SP04 - unfortunately no solution is provided in the note).

After I started the SQL Anywhere database on Friday I was able to create a Data Cleansing solution and analyze the results.

On Monday I wanted to refine the Data Cleansing solution but I saw that its status in IS is "locked" and I'm neither no longer able to open the existing Data Cleansing solution nor create a new one (for a new one I got again the error message "Unable to access staging tables for cleansing solution" ).

I even upgraded the environment to IS version 4.2 SP05 but the Data Cleansing solution is still locked.

Can you tell me what I can do to unlock the existing Data Cleansing solution?

Btw: in my environments (IS version 4.2 SP04 and IS version 4.2 SP05) there is no "unlock" option available --> see attached screen shot

And I used the administrator user so that I don't assume that it is an authorization problem.

Can you tell me which user name and password is used for the Data Cleansing Advisor SQL Anywhere database?

I would like to analyze that database but for that I need the user name and password which must be set in the background during the installation.

Is it possible to "switch" the DCA database to another database server (e.g. MS SQL Server)?

How can I do that?

Since the DHC is very urgent I would appreciate a quick response.

Thanks a lot and best regards

Marcus

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MarcusZwirner
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I found the solution.

The unlock option is only available if IPS and IS are both updated to the latest SP:

• IPS version 4.1 SP5 with IS version 4.2 SP05 --> no unlock option
  • IPS version 4.1 SP6 with IS version 4.2 SP04 --> no unlock option
  • IPS version 4.1 SP6 with IS version 4.2 SP05 --> unlock option available

0 Kudos

I have the same error when running the DCA..I started the database..I think..I see it running as a process..but am still getting the same error..can anyone tell me the correct steps to allow the DCA to access the staging tables needed to run the DCA from IS..

Answers (0)