cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update tables on view populated by supply function in controller

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a view that contains tables which are filled by supply functions in the ComponentContoller. The supply function fills the relevant context elements which are then bound to the tables on the view. The user can select a row from the table for processing in a separate view. The user then submits their changes and they are returned to the main view.

The problem I have is refreshing the tables on the main view as after processing the data is different and I need to remove the row that the user has amended.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Jon

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member205488
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello!

To call a supply function to refresh data use method INVALIDATE() of a corresponding context node.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim

Thanks for the suggestion but can you elaborate on that for me please?

Would I use the INVALIDATE() method in the WDDOINIT method on the view that contains the table I wish to update?

Cheers

Jon

former_member205488
Active Participant
0 Kudos

There is a refresh view scenario:

1. At first time the supply function is called automatically when the view is created. You don't have to invalidate the context node manually at this step.

2. After the data was changed by user you need to invalidate the context node manually to provide your context with new data. To do this you should call method INVALIDATE( ) of context node to which your table is assigned. This method triggers the supply function of the context node.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Brilliant Vadim

That's done the job.

Thank you very much.

Answers (0)