Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reg: Enabling 'Save' button in Print Preview Window in Smartforms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

As one my customer requested us to give a option to SAVE smartforms in print preview screen. I suggested 'PDF!' TCode, but customer requires a SAVE option to SAVE the PDF.

Though 'Save' button is available in the print preview window, its not enabled.

So, kindly requesting you that how can I enable that SAVE button or this there any other way to overcome the situation(Like providing a custome SAVE button to save the smartform).

Kindly expedite.

Thanking you in advance.

Regards,

Yohan Kanna

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yohan,

The functionality can be achieve by setting up a pdf printer and using it for your output.  It gives the option to save it wherever you want.

This can be one option. You can check with the customer on this.

Thanks & Regards,

Swati

0 Kudos

Dear Swati Garg,

Could you please eloborate the same, and we are using using output option 'LOCL'.

Thanking you in advance.

Regards,

Yohan Kanna

0 Kudos

HI Yohan,

You have to check the printer name which will be set up (if you will be using this option) and gave the same in output option instead of 'LOCL'.

Thanks & Regards,

Swati

ipravir
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yohan,

I have face the same kind of solution. But i think SAVE button in not available in Print Preview windows.

So we have provided the solution in bit different manner.

We have provided another pop-up window to confirmation for PRINT PREVIEW or SAVE PDF.

based on the selection, we display or save the output.

Find below steps we had followed.

1. FM to use POPUP_TO_CONFIRM.

2. IF PREVIEW : Used Print Parameter and skip print preview window and directly displayed the preview of outout.

3. If SAVE: Same step for PREVIEW and in addition no_preview, only fetched OTF data of output and FM GUI_DOWNLOAD to save in local system.

Hope you are clear with logic.

Regards,

Praveer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Praveer,

Thank you so much for your solution.

The same we suggested to customer and trying to convience the same.

Could you please suggest any other ways, so that we can suggest to customer.

Thanking you in advance.

Regards,

Yohan Kanna

ipravir
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yohan,

As per your requirement, i have provided the solution.

If something else you looking for, then after print preview also, you can provide the pop-up to save the same information in local system, but to achieve this, user need to come back after print print, then only you will get OTF data to convert in PDF and store the same in local system.

Hope anyone of the option  will work for you,.

Regards,

Praveer.

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Swati had the correct solution - just use PDF printer. Google 'pdf printer site:sap.com', plenty of information on this already available. Also a Basis admin should know how to configure such printer in SAP.

You might need CutePDF program or similar installed on the user PCs.