cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch number field is blank in sales return in J1IH-

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all

We are facing problem in J1IH- while doing sales return by using tab return sales invoice particularly for Batch managed materials. all values getting populated except Batch Number(we are using batch managed materials). can you please guide to get the batch values. it is very important because as per excise rule we need to pay the same excise duties in case of resale of the material,

Thanks and Regards

Maruthi S

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not sure which field you were referring in J1IH for batch number.  Also since excise duty is based on material and not based on batch, what is the need of batch number in FI JV.

Of course, as you said, you can very well capture the same duty when you create a new sale order for the same resalable material assuming that condition records are maintained for picking excise duty.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi,

Maruthi is reffering to the batch number of the material which is there in return billing document(Credit for returns). While posting JV he is reffering this credit note in the return excise tab of J1IH all the values are getting copied from the return billing document except batch number.

I also feel that this field has no impact on other transactions from reporting perspective.

But we don't the actual requirement of maruthi with that field.

Regards,

S.Himavanth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for the reply.

When ever we do resale of D3 materials we need to pass on the exact duty as per previous sales. irrespective of your base value we need to pass the old values. condition records will calculate the duties as per current value/ that is why this batch is very important for us

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maruthi,

I had checked with in my system also batch number is not coming.

Also checked the OSS notes nothing is available in this regard.

Better raise a OSS notes to SAP on the same & update.

Regards,

S.Himavanth.