cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to restrict integrated source connection to a particular SAP HANA schema in Information Steward 4.2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have been trying to create a integrator source in information steward to connect to a particular SAP HANA schema.

I have logged on to the Central Management console, navigated to Information steward.Then Metadata  management  and selected new

->Integrated source

I have provided all the required details:

Integrator Type*:

Name::

Description:

Computer Name*:

Database Port Number*:

Database User*:

Database Password*:

Table Schema: Schema_name (To restrict the tables)

Packages:

For Table Schema , I have given the schema name that i am trying to create the integrator source. The connection has been successful and been saved.

On runing the intergrator source, i have found that all the schemas in the HANA database have been imported instead of the Schema_Name provided in the connection details.

I am not sure , why the Schmana constraint din't work.

Is there a particular syntax on how to provide the schema name in connection details? Is there a way to restrict the integrator to a particular schema in a different way?

Is this a Bug in SAP Information steward 4.2?

Any Suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks In advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

adrian_storen
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I had issues with security as I needed to rely on the HANA administrator to set up the metadata account correctly.  I did not try what you are suggesting to only return metadata from one schema.  I thought this was possible if you grant HANA roles rather than per the SAP KB article (2175609) which suggests you grant a specific role.

Ask your HANA administrator first.  If it cannot be done and collect all other metadata, I would agree that it's probably a bug.

Adrian