Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot CIF Plant and Shipping Point from ECC to EWM

iamhe7806
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Kindly help on the issue below:

I am not being able to CIF Plant and Shipping Point from ECC to EWM system.

My Plant is Alphanumeric number (A100) and same as Shipping Point (A100)

I have have been able to CIF Vendor (100005) and Customer (100000) Master Number and they are available by transaction BP (in EWM)

Note that the BAdI : Inbound Processing for Location ZAPOCF001_TYPEDIF, (after copying from APOCF001_TYPEDIF) is active in my EWM system. Therefore I am expecting to see location PLA100 (location type 1001) and location SPA100 (location type 1003) to appear in location master data in EWM

Also, I have following number range configured.

1) Cross-Application Components SAP Business Partner Business Partner Basic Settings Number Ranges and Groupings Define Number Ranges

NR Object

No.

From number

To number

Ext

Business partner

Business partner

X

Business partner

AB

A

ZZZZZZZZZZ

X

Business partner

MD

X

2) Cross-Application Components SAP Business Partner Business Partner Basic Settings Number Ranges and Groupings Define Groupings and Assign Number Ranges

Grouping

Short name

Description

Number range

External

1. Int.Std.Grping
  1. Ext.Std.Grping

1. Int.no.assgnmnt

Internal number assignment

X

1. Ext.No.Assgnmnt

External Number Assignment

X

X

MDM0

AB

X

I have tried to furnish as much information as possible here. Please help.

P.S - I don't see any log (error log) in SLG1 in EWM side, so that I can analyze why the plant data is not getting generated.

Can you please help, how to resolve it?

Thanks in advance.

Amit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

iamhe7806
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Finally I succeeded after a brainstorming struggle for last couple of days and puffing up more cigarettes than I used to.

I found that all the previous CIF models which went wrong or no result but containing Plant and Shipping point was creating the wall between ECC and EWM to transfer them by CIF process.

Once I deleted all those models via CFM7 and started a fresh CIF with plant and shipping point... Bang... Location is created with PL and SP prefixes for the plant and shipping point respectively.

So the conclusion is - Get rid of old piles of CIF models and just to go for a fresh CIF

However thanks all for their time to look into my problem.

Amit

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Amit,

According to my suggestion, you should not activate the BADI's untill there are more than multiple EWM servers. So, instead of activating these BADI's you should deactivate it and do the simple CIF it will work.

Thanks

Yogesh

iamhe7806
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Yogesh,

kindly suggest why I can't see SLG1 log in EWM side, for any suceess message (information message). I can only see SLG1 log in EWM when some error appears. Is that normal?

Secondly - I have activated BAdi because my plant and shipping point has same name. Can I handle it otherway?

iamhe7806
Participant
0 Kudos

Guys, one more thing I observed in CFQ1 log in ECC, that for customers and Vendors CIF, the function module CIF_LOCATION_SEND is getting called up. Also in EWM side, because of the BAdi, customer and vendor are grtting created with CU and SU prefixes. However,  for plant or shipping point the Function module is not being called up. And nothing getting created (I am expecting PL or SP prefixes)

Is it normal?

Thanks

Amit

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

nothing happens, there is nothing stuck in the queue? Sure you plant and shipping point are not already in another, active model?

Brgds

Juergen

iamhe7806
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

Thanks for your reply. And Yes, I don't find any SMQ1 log in EWM side or any SLG1 log in EWM side. Chrcking SMQ2 log on ECC side I found comments (not errors) like this: "Shipping Point is successfully sent to SCMCLNT800 (see long text)". However, when I check in EWM side I dont find anything.  But it's not the case when I CIF business partner.  They are CIF successfully. .

former_member209095
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Amit,

Amit Chakraborty wrote:

Chrcking SMQ2 log on ECC side I found comments (not errors) like this: "Shipping Point is successfully sent to SCMCLNT800 (see long text)".

Just to clarify, you must not see anything at SMQ2, even information messages. Logs are read from SLG1. If you see them at SMQ2 at ERP side, this means your queue registry is not working. Please check customizing at tcode: SMQR.

- Did you check your badi is active? Runtime behavior must be "..will be called".

- After badi activation, sample coding must be copied. Did you?

- If none of these solve your problem, put an infinite loop at the beginning of badi and try debugging. Check if your data pass through coding.

Best regards

Serhan

former_member209095
Contributor
0 Kudos

Amit Chakraborty wrote:

Hi Jurgen,

Thanks for your reply. And Yes, I don't find any SMQ1 log in EWM side or any SLG1 log in EWM side. Chrcking SMQ2 log on ECC side I found comments (not errors) like this: "Shipping Point is successfully sent to SCMCLNT800 (see long text)". However, when I check in EWM side I dont find anything.  But it's not the case when I CIF business partner.  They are CIF successfully. .

One more thing, are you trying to send shipping points and plants at the same model?

The pairs must be material & plants(model 1) and customer & vendor & shipping points(model 2).

Best regards

Serhan

iamhe7806
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Serhan,

The BAdi is active. As I get CU and SU prefixes in front of Customer and Vendor number when I CIF them as location.  However I am not getting anything when CIF the shipping point and Plant. Also SLG1 in EWM is generating nothing. where the problem can be?