cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

destination Storage type & storage bin is not picked

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have defined storage type search table as below.

But when I am converting TR which is created on confirmation of the production to Transfer order I am getting error message as below.

Data for storage type search is not defined (E   )

I have defined reference storage type search 103 for the warehouse 301 & movement type 103.

Also I have defined Storage location reference as 17 for the storage location W001 which I see in the Transfer requirement.

If I mention only warehouse as 301 & operate as E I am getting that Storage type while creattion of Transfer order.

But I want that if movement type is 103 & storage location is W001 Storage type Suggested to be P00.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you please share the screenshot of storage type search log from the TO creation screen

TO creation screen where you are getting the error, select Environment option from menu bar and then storage type search log

Former Member
0 Kudos

Below is the log

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

could you please share the movement type(103)  screen as well from LE---WM---ACTIVITIES---Transfers---Define movement type

Former Member
0 Kudos

when I am removing Storage location control in search table it is taking required storage type.

But I want to use Storage location control so that if 17 ( W001 sloc) then only it should search

Former Member
0 Kudos
MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Could you please share the screenshot of the setting related to storage location reference(!7)

This setting should be at below place(please share the screen from all the three place

1) LE---WM----Interface----Inventory management ---Define storage location control

---Control of assignment

--- Storage location reference

2) LE --- WM ---Interface---Inventory management ----Define movement type  (LE---WM interface to inventory management)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had not linked Storage location reference 17 to below config.

Control of Assignment "Plant / Stor.Loc. - Whse Number"

Now I am able to get storage type P00 & bin under that.

Thanks Manish

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Nice day.

Please check KBA 1756622 for the information about how to find the missing customizing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kiran,

You have missed Storage Type Indicator field here. How SAP would know that you are doing putaway for which particular item. You need to do below two things to get desired result:

1. Create one storage type indicator & assign it to particular item in WM View1

2. In Storage type search configuration, put this storage type indicator.

Please let me know, If still any problem is there.

Regards,

Vishal Verma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it mandatory to define storage type indicator. I have not defined this in customising & not planning to add it in Material master. Kindly confirm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Without this, how system will know about where to place the item & in which particular storage type. It's the St Type indicator only which stores information about particular item & then the particular stock movement process is executed as per storage type search sequence defined in transaction OMLY.

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

@ Vishal --- without indicator also you can define the storage type search sequence

(As i can see the response from Kiran he did not maintained the same in customizing hence in this case there should be no value maintained in WM1 view of material and no value should be there in TyI field of storage type search sequence)

By looking at the storage type search log from TO creation screen you will exactly come to know where is the problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

@Mr. Manish,

I agree that w/o indicator we can define that sequence but how shall SAP know which strategy from your customizing shall be used for a certain material? In WM View1 only it has to be mentioned.

In his question Kiran has said :

""But I want that if movement type is 103 & storage location is W001 Storage type Suggested to be P00.

This is not possible without mentioning that field.

Regards,

Vishal Verma