cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need clarification on some KFs used in Supply Planning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

While filling in data for input KFs of Supply Plan, I came across a set of KFs whose significance I couldn't understand. Can anyone please help me in this? Without correct understanding of these KF, neither will I be able to put in right data nor will the Algorithm produce correct results. Following are the KFs:

1) IPUDependentLocationDemandDS

2) IPUReceiptCostRate

3) IPUNonDeliveryCostRate

4) IPUTransport

It will be very helpful if the utility of the said KFs are discussed.

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

pramod_mane2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

The key figures with prefix IPU are relevant if you are using Sub-Networks functionality.

Sub-Networks allow you to subdivide your supply chain network and plan for part of the network. It is a collection of location-Products. PLUNITID attribute on LOCATIONPRODUCT master data is used to assign LocationProduct to a sub-network.

If you are not using Sub-Networks in your system you can ignore the 'IPU' key figures.

Thanks

Pramod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Pramod, for clearing the doubts regarding KFs prefixed with IPU*.

While filling in data for Supply planning I have come across a few more KFs like CapaDemand, CapaSupply, CapaConsumption and look alike KFs PCapaDemand, PCapaSupply, PCapaConsumption.

Could you please brief the utility of these KFs?

Regards,

Saabitri

0 Kudos

Hi

The ones that have a suffix are "P" are used for Production Resources.

Other ones are used for Handling Resources.

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Vivek this will help me to model my scenarios better.

Regards,

Saabitri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can anyone please tell me the significance of the following Key Figures:

1) Dependent Location Demand

2) Dependent Customer Demand

3) Dependent Production Demand

Regards,

Saabitri

parveen_kumar6
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Saabitri

There are downstream key figures in your Supply network.

1. Dependent Customer Demand(DEPENDENTCUSTOMERDEMANDDS) is the Downstream Key Figure

corresponding to the Upstream Key Figure Outbound Customer Demand.

2. Dependent Location Demand(DEPENDENTLOCATIONDEMANDDS) is the Downstream Key Figure

corresponding to the Upstream Key Figure Outbound Location Demand.

3.  The Downstream Key Figure Dependent Production(DEPENDENTPRODUCTIONDEMANDDS)

Demand corresponds to the Upstream Key Figure Outbound Production Demand. The Dependent Production Demand describes the amount of components

needed to satisfy the Net Demand of the higher level product.

Hope this helps

Thanks

Parveen Kumar

Alecsandra
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Saabitri,

They are all downstream KFs and are used to provide an overview of material flows from one location to another back and forth (inbound / outbound).

For example:

You have demand propagated from DC1 to DC2 (DEPENDENTLOCATIONDEMAND), having DC1 in its key => demand will be displayed at DC1 level but not DC2.

To solve this, you have the corresponding downstream KF (DEPENDENTLOCATIONDEMANDDS) which will have DC2 in its key so that demand will be visible also at DC2 level.

Regards

Alecsandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Praveen, Alecsandra, for clarifying these concepts, however I can't understand how does the KF DependentDemand fit in with these KFs?

Regards,

Saabitri

Alecsandra
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Dependent Demand will sum up all dependent demands for each product - location combination.

Let`s assume below demands for Prd1.

Customer A - Plant: Outbound Customer Demand = 20

Customer B - Plant: Outbound Customer Demand = 5

DC1 - Plant: Outbound Location Demand = 30

Total Dependent Demand will be 20 + 5 +30 = 55

You might have a production demand as well, then you would need to add also the Outbound Production Demand to the Dependent Demand.

Regards,

Alecsandra

parveen_kumar6
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Saabitri

The Dependent Demand is at the Product, Location level and will be calculated as of sum of all dependent demands for the location-product. For e.g. the above diagram shows the Dependent Demand as 100 which is sum of two Outbound Customer Demand(80,20)

1. Outbound Customer Demand from Customer C1 for the Product P1- 80
  2. Outbound Customer Demand from Customer C2 for the Product P1- 20

Dependent Demand at the Plant A for the Product P1 is calculated as 100(80 from C1 and 20 from C2)

Thanks

Parveen Kumar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My scenario is like:

Plant PL01->WareHouse CWH01 -> DC01 -> Customer.

In this case, the demand from customer to plant flows in form of which key figure?

That is, Dependent Demand at Warehouse(say) should be equal to which KF at DC level on demand side?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saabitri,

The demand from Customer can be seen in dependent customer demand at DC01. You can have demand coming from several customer at the DC and it will sum up to show total dependent demand at DC01.

Similarly the demand from DC will flow upstream to warehouse CWH01 based on location source ratio and can be seen in Dependent location demand.

Thanks,

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

Thanks for this clarification, but how is net demand involved in all this, and how is dependent location demand linked with net demand?

I think Net demand provides the true demand at a location, that is difference between (summation of all demand at a location) and Stock in-hand at that location.

Thus, if dependent location demand displays the demand flow from DC to CWH, shown at CWH, then dependent location demand at CWH must be equal to net demand at DC, in my case as sourcing ratio is 100%. But I am not getting it.

Could you please help?

Regards,

Saabitri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saabitri,

Can you post screenshot of output key figures(dependent demand, dependent location demand, projected inventory, net demand) for these two locations. Also any other relevant information like stock on hand, Inventory target, sourcing ratio etc.

Thanks,

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

Following is the screenshot:

Scenario is:

1) Customer->DC01->CWH01->PL01

2) PRD01= Comp01+Comp02 at Plant

3) Sourcing Ratio is always 1 between two location

4) Lead Time is always 1 as well

5) Plant is non stocking node

6) DC and CWH are stocking nodes but has no initial inventory

Regards,

Saabitri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saabitri,

We would also need to check supply side key figures like dependent location demand ds and ship- from and ship-to locations. Along with this we need to check the master data for any Min/Max transport lot size. You can raise an OSS and we would be able to explain you better.

Best regards,

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

Min/Max Lot Size is kept as 100 in all the cases.

Regards,

Saabitri