cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection to Custom JDBC Data source from receiver JDBC communication channel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SCN Friends,

I need to connect to my custom JDBC data source from JDBC communication channel.I have tried with below parameters but no luck.

JDBC Driver: oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver

Connection: jdbc:oracle:thin:@PIHost:PIHTTPPort:CustomDatasourceName

User: PI server user

Pwd: Pwd

1)Can I able to call from JDBC channel ?

2)If yes does the maintained values are correct ?

NOTE:From custom data source ,when I do ping to connect to XYZ server d/b .It's successful.

Regards

Venkat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

RaghuVamseedhar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Venkat,

Try to connect to DataBase using DBClient, to test from desktop.

To connect from PI Help Link, sap note 831162.

To be able to use the JDBC adapter, you must have installed the JDBC driver for the database to which you want to connect. The required Java libraries are product-specific and must be obtained from the database vendor.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

We recently upgraded our PI software from 7.11 to 7.4 .Post upgrade we are unable to connect to one of our third party server which uses 8i d/b .

From standalone code we could able to connect to 8i d/b using ojdbc14 driver. So we want to explicitly use above driver for the 8i d/b connecting interfaces only.So we created a data source and checking for the feasibility to invoke custom data source from JDBC channel.

Regards

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I could able to achieve temporary solution to our problem by connecting to JDBC custom data source from mapping using piece of java code ,but I can't able to connect from channel .I want to make sure it's not possible to connect custom data source from JDBC channel.

Regards

Venkat