cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit item category proposal in VA01 creating with reference

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello to all.

I´m creating a sales order from transaction VA01 creating with reference to a quotation.

The system is taking all the items from the quotation to the screen determining an item category from table T184 (in the copy control, the item proposal is blank). Although there are more than one item assigned item categories in table T184, the item category field in the screen is not modified.(in grey)  I have checked the copy routine and I have seen that vbap routine data transfer is 151, where I have found this comment:

The fields of the footer line were already transported before *
*       the call of this module: MATNR, CHARG, POSNR, UEPOS und PSTYV *
*       They may not be modified here.

So, the question is. Is it not possible to change the item category proposal so that I can decide among different item categories when I´m creating the sales order from a previous proposal depending if the item will be delivered, invoiced and so on?

I would appreciate any help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pablo,

Pls check USEREXIT_MOVE_FIELD_TO_VBAP in include MV45AFZZ.

@Shiva, Correct?

BR,

US

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes you are right, mine must be typo error.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jobi and everyone who can help me with this requirement

That is my requirement, to be able to change  the proposal item category manually.

The process is creating one sales order from one quotation. As you can see in the next screen, the item category is assigned from table T184 but the field is not editable.

All the copy routines are standard.

I don´t know where the system checks that the vbap-pstyy field can be modified in transaction VA01 when you are creating a new sales document with reference to a previous document.

sd

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Pablo,

In your Item level copy control the Routine in Copying Requirements for Transferring Business Data is 419. Ideally in Standard it should be 102. However this setting will not cause the issue you are facing currently of Item Category being in Sales orders created with reference to Quotation.

Can you check with you ABAPer, probably there can be some development done to make the Item Category field in Sales Orders non-modifiable.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check in the exit USEREXIT_MOVE_FIELD_TO_VBEP in include MV45AFZZ, any coding has been added to gray out this field.

Regards,

ravi_kumar100
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

While referring your Quotation to the sales order have you tried the "Item Selection "option as referred in below screen.

Regards.

SRK

jobis
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pablo,

Do you want to change the item category of a line item in your sales order manually..? Is that your requirement..?

In standard configuration, its allowed when u have assigned manual selection item categories in table T184.

I think your copying control routine 151 is std, and unless it was modified, it should not cause this effect.

try with another routine, and test. Hope all other copying control routines are standard.

Regards

Jobi