Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MTO process using SAP PS, PP and SD

soubhagya_rout
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Before posting this in SCN forum, I have searched the forum and found a healthy no. of documents but after going through all this document I am more confused.

So I need some help from you guys.

First of all let me take you through our scenario. We are in the business of manufacturing giant machines and sell them to our customers. So we are trying to map this in SAP as MTO scenario through PS, PP, SD, MM & FICO.

Now let me tell you what we have done so far. We have created a customer project with 1 billing wbs element and 1 acc. assignment wbs element. In the account assignment WBS we assigned network, activity and assigned the FG material with the required quantity. BOM maintained for this material with BOM usage for production.

Now if go through some earlier posted documents then few friends say run mrp through MD51 to generate Planned order for the FG and PR for all the RM materials assigned in the BOM of that FG.Then from planned order to production order and from PR to Po and then GR-> GI. While few other friends suggest first tranfer BOM through CN33, the RMs will be assigned to the respective activity and then run MRP MD51 and follow the same process.

I tried both the ways, I was not successful in the 1st case but in the 2nd case I was OK but create some confusion.

Here are my doubts:

1) Does it require to maintain BOM as bom usage universal or bom usage as production is ok?

2) If we use CN33 to transfer BOM then through procurement type in material component in project builder we can generate PR/reservation at the time of WBS release then what is the use of MD51 after that. Is it required (MD51) to create planned order only?

3) When I am trying to run MRP through MD51(Any combination Project definition with that particular WBS or only with that WBS) without transfer/explode, it gives exception 52 "No BOM selected" in MD04.

Please help me to clear these doubts.

With Regards,

Bibhuti

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member210872
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bibhuti,

1. Create a BOM for FG lets say "Mobile" with usage Universal by using Raw material Key Pad & Screen Gaurd.

2. Make sure MRP type of all material in material master should be "PD" (If "PD" is not there PR will not generated after MRP).

3. Attached BOM to internal activity and save project.

4. Do not explode BOM in project Because after BOM explosion header material (i.e. FG ) item category will automatically converted to "T" text, result no Plan order will be created for FG.

5. Release the internal activity.

6. Go to MD51 and set all the MRP parameter as 1

7. Tick 1st option in Process control component.

8. See the result by clicking icon at header (I don't remember exact name) OR go MD4c to see the result.

9. For FG = Plan order and for RAW = PR will be created.

10. Convert Plan order to Prod Order & PR to PO-->GRN

11. Raw Material consumption from project against Prod Order.

12. Create FG stock in WBS by MB1C

13. create Delivery from from project by sales order and then billing

Thanks

~Dnyaneshwar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bibhuti,

1) We have to create Universal BOM, because we are dealing with PP/SD/PS integration.

2) We will get PR /reservation for final product at WBS release. MD51 is MRP Execution of Final product,MRP explodes the BOM and generates PR for externally procured material, Planned orders for in-house components in the Plant.

3) Transfer of BOM should be done from PP to PS through reference points using CN33, check whether the transfer is completely done.

Best regards & thanks,
Sriramm

soubhagya_rout
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sriramm,

Thanks for the reply.

Let me stretch this further, Suppose we have a FG material A and it has bom items B & C. We have assigned the FG material A to the activity with the procurement type Reservation for WBS element, so it will create reservation for the WBS element.

Then when we transfer BOM through CN33, the BOM items i.e. RM materials are now assigned to the activity. Here the procurement indicator "PR+reservation for WBS" what we have maintained in the network profile also applied to these raw materials. When we release wbs element, it creates reservation for the FG and PR for the RMs.

Then if we run MRP through MD51, it creates planned order for the FG only. But we want to generate PR for the RM through MRP MD51 only not through Network - activity. So we changed the procurement indicator to "reservation for WBS" in the network profile, so that only reservation will be created for the RMs and then through MD51 we will generate PR for the RMs but not successful.

How can we achieve this?

Thanks and Regards,

Bibhuti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bibhuti,

Check whether you have assigned procurement type "F" in MRP-2 view for Raw material creation(MM01).Also give planning strategy as 10 in MRP-3 view for raw material.

Assign Planning strategy 70 for Sub assemblies if available in your BOM (not for FERT).

Select "PR+reservation for WBS" as procurement indicator in Network profile.

Also check Item categories for RM and SFG in BOM of FG, it should be "L"(stock item).

Do the above changes, Execute the CN33 transaction and MD51 MRP Run.

Best regards,
Sriramm