statistical posting..

Is there any rule to identify the real and statistical
postings..?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Was this issue solved in any way possible?

pavan_kumar18
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The following information may helps you:

Real Cost Object Vs Statistical Cost Object :

WBS element/Cost Center/Internal Order is a real CO object where as Profit Center is a Statistical Object.

All the posting you make to the real object are real postings, in parallel to that statistical posting will be flown to your profit center.

Internal Orders are two types. 1. Real and 2. Statistical.

Real orders get real postings and statistical orders get statistical.

Statistical means information purpose only.

Statistical orders cannot be settled.

At the time of postings to cost elements you must have at least one real object.

Regards,

Pavan Kumar Arvapally

S0010887214
Explorer
0 Kudos

let me rephrase my question as below.

how to identify the real and statistical posting in transactions level.

Say for example a) if i use the Cost center and Internal order in the same row transaction of transaction which account assignment object is statistical and which is Real..?

b) Similarly if i use the WBS and Cost Centers in the,same row of transaction posting which account assignment object is statistical and which is Real..?

C) Similarly if i use the WBS and IO in the same row of transaction posting which account assignment object is statistical and which is Real..?

pavan_kumar18
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please find the answers to your questions:

a) if i use the Cost center and Internal order in the same row transaction of transaction which account assignment object is statistical and which is Real..?

Cost center will be considered as real object & Internal Order will be a statistical object.

b) Similarly if i use the WBS and Cost Centers in the,same row of transaction posting which account assignment object is statistical and which is Real..?

When you use two real objects like cost center and WBS element at the time of posting a journal voucher, the WBS element prevails as a real object and the two statistical postings will be posted.

One to cost center and the second one to the profit center assigned in the WBS element.

C) Similarly if i use the WBS and IO in the same row of transaction posting which account assignment object is statistical and which is Real..?

WBS element prevails as a real object and Internal Order will be considered as Statistical object.

Reports:

If your postings related to WBS element :  standard report, e.g. S_ALR_87013542

If your postings related to Cost center :  standard report, e.g. S_ALR_87013611/613

If your postings related to Internal Orders :standard report : e.g: S_ALR_87012993

Regards,

Pavan Kumar Arvapally

former_member239600
Discoverer

Hi,

For case a) specifically:

If you look at the CO document attached to the original FI- document (specifc tx KSB5), you'll see the two line items, one for cost center and another for IO.  Change layout to add the field "Value type" to the screen.

Only one line item can be real and the other(s) is statistical. The real one has value type "04" and the statistical one(s) "11".

BR,

Auvo

former_member239600
Discoverer
0 Kudos

For more on real and statistical CO objects, see:

Account Assignment of Controlling Objects - Controlling (CO) - SAP Library

BR,

Auvo

S0010887214
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am bit confuse about the answer..let me rephrase my question as below.

how to identify the real and statistical posting in transactions level.

Say for example a) if i use the Cost center and Internal order in the same row transaction of transaction which account assignment object is statistical and which is Real..?

former_member239600
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have posting a line with cost center and internal order, you have to separate two different situations:

a) Internal order is so called "Real" internal order. This can be checked in Internal order master data: if the flag "statistical order" is not ticked then you have a real internal order.

b) Internal order is so called "Statistical" order.

In case a) the result is that internal order (IO) posting is real (value type accordingly) and cost center posting is statistical and in case b) IO posting is statistical and cost ctr posting is real.

BR,

Auvo