cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do not allow manual processing of output

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Depending upon one of flag in delivery, we want to stop printing out outputs.

Is there any way to achieve this.

we could add the condition in the output routines. but this is only solving the issue of determining the output type automaticaly..

but manual triggering of output is still possible.

we would like to avoid manual processing as well in our case.

Is there any functional / technical approach to achieve this.

Thanks & Regards,

Naga Mohan Kummara

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Thanks for your replies. sorry to catch up bit late.

We are referring to SPL (Sactioned party list) block. we decided to go for following solution

- if the SPL block exist, set delivery block --> this would allow us to stop from PGI the delivery

- for output types:

we cant go for Output routine as this doesn't stop from manual printing.

so we are planning to implement Implicit enhancment in FM - MESSAGING to exclude the outputs.

Cheers,

Nag

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not sure if there is anything specific to SCM but in general this question has been asked many times on SCN over the years.

There is no standard solution that I'm aware of. As you've correctly noted, we can add a requirement routine, but it does not prevent manual output (there is a message displayed to that effect).

From what I recall from past discussions (use search), others either abandoned the idea or went with a modification (or enhancement). Don't recall anyone sharing more details though. Also since there is manual flag available you could print some special text on the form in such case.

But in general I do not recommend disabling manual output completely because sooner or later you will need it for legitimate reasons, e.g. re-printing in case of a printer failure.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What flag are you referring to please?

The specific trigger to disallow manual printing will influence the approach. Are there two questions here or one? how to flag delivery for no further outputs and second how to stop manual outputs

or you want to flag a delivery for no manual outputs?

Please clarify the requirement sir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jacob,

Thanks for looking into it.

Please see reply to your question.

What flag are you referring to please? - this is a custom field

Either of the solutions will suffice my purpose

either to stop manual output (if the custom field is set)

or

flag delivery for manual outputs (if the custom field is set).

Once the custom field (lets call Block) is removed .. delivery outputs should work as per SAP stanadrd.

Thanks in advance,

Nag

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

what is the trigger point for this output type(manual, automatic or event based), you can ask the developer to put a check in the output program for the custom field before execution which can control the trigger of output

Once the custom field (lets call Block) is removed .. delivery outputs should work as per SAP stanadrd.  ----Do you expect system to keep checking this field and if this is removed by user then a automatic output should get triggered, if yes then you need to define a batch job with your custom program if no then someone has to manually trigger this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Manish,

what is the trigger point for this output type(manual, automatic or event based), you can ask the developer to put a check in the output program for the custom field before execution which can control the trigger of output

[Nag]- this would work for one output type. we want this functionality for several output types (also we want to use similar functionality and sales order level as well) . we are looking for more centric solution.

Once the custom field (lets call Block) is removed .. delivery outputs should work as per SAP stanadrd.  ----Do you expect system to keep checking this field and if this is removed by user then a automatic output should get triggered, if yes then you need to define a batch job with your custom program if no then someone has to manually trigger this

[Nag]- this one is already taking from output determination.

Thanks in advance,

Nag

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

probably I am not getting clarity when you mentioned

"This would work for one output type. we want this functionality for several output types (also we want to use similar functionality and sales order level as well) . we are looking for more centric

solution"

Could you please elaborate your business requirement more in detail as how one single custom field (Block - as mentioned by you in earlier thread) is required to validate the generation / trigger of several output type,  and if that work for one output type same logic can be written for all the custom output type generation program

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

there might be even alternatives without going into programming, but this cannot be justified without knowing the real background for this request. Maybe there is something  totally wrong designed in the process flow. A custom field to control output is already a kind of solution but it does not explain the background for this requirement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jurgen,

below is the requirement.

When sales order / delivery is created, system will do the complaince check (Sanctoned party list check. we are not using GTS system, we are using third party system).

when there is complaince block for the deliver, Delivery block will set.

when there is delivery block, no externa output type should be triggered ( external outputs as in, the output sent to customer/vendors). we should be able to still print internal documents (Picking / Shipping instructions).

when delivery block (complaince block) removed we should be able to print all documents.

i hope i explained bit clear now, let me know if you need bit more information.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can confirm there is no standard functionality in SAP that would allow printing of select delivery outputs and at the same time not allow printing of specific delivery level outputs based on a status that will be updated in SAP from a third party system.

I am baffled by this requirement. Do the users check if further processing is allowed in the deliveries by attempting to trigger outputs?

Is this how they manage the work, trying to print things to see if its allowed yet?

If the compliance check is not complete why is the delivery created? Would it not be more logical to leave the sales order blocked for delivery creation if its not yet cleared for further processing?

I am just trying to inspire some thought on the overall process before you move forward with customization in this case.

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jacob Rose wrote:

If the compliance check is not complete why is the delivery created? Would it not be more logical to leave the sales order blocked for delivery creation if its not yet cleared for further processing?

Couldn't agree more. Just don't create the delivery. What would anyone do with the picking instructions if the goods can't be shipped anyway?

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jacob, Jelena,

Ofcourse we need more details, but if business knows that the delivery will surely pass the subsequent (second, third) compliance check, they will go on with the warehousing activities. In this case, creating delivery and creating warehousing documents (picking) make sense.

Naga,

You could consider requirement routine assigned to your output condition type, this routine will be fulfilled only when PGI is done.

Only after delivery passes the compliance test, PGI can be done (an assumption, please confirm this) and once PGI is done, the delivery output will be created.

Note: look for standard requirement for PGI completed.

TW

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In our house it would not make much sense. The work and the knowledge is distributed.

A shipping manager does not have anything to do with legal control, and legal control does not even know who the shipping manager is.

There is no communication between both via phone, they may not even know the names of each other. Legal Control is a central department and we have many hundred shipping managers around the world.

I agree that statistically probably 99% of all initially blocked orders will finally pass, but if not, how could the shipping manager ever know about it?

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jurgen,

I agree with the "communication" part of compliance, to the operational departments (logistics - warehousing, transport departments). My point is (delivery failed compliance, activate a field, manually, if not yet in place, put this business process step in place) if this field is activated, donot allow PGI (custom development, maybe we can explore incompletion log). Only when PGI is completed, delivery output can be created (requirement routine, in output procedure, for this output type).

As a business discipline, do not allow users to manually create this (these delivery) output.

TW

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

TW, this can't be achieved using output requirements because they are not checked when output is triggered manually.

It would be helpful if OP explained what kind of "compliance" we're talking about exactly, but he's not been on SCN for the last 5 days, so my bet is this discussion is going nowhere...

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jelena,

Thanks! I was in the thick of the jungle&too close to the trees and somehow missed the forest...if that makes sense I somehow overlooked the title....and made the following remark

As a business discipline, do not allow users to manually create this (these delivery) output.

then on top of this made recommendations about requirement routine in output procedure.

TW