Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple RFC connectors for same back end systems

former_member631141
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can we have the multiple SM59 RFC connectors for same back end systems?

I want to use one RFC connector for Auto provisioning at the end of the request and another connector will be being used with settings no provisioning.

GRC 10.1 and NW 7.4

Please advise.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venu,

Although this is a interesting question, could you tell, your objective of having a 'no provisioning', connector.

Regards

plaban

former_member631141
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Plaban,

I believe the scenario which I requested is feasible one.

For example I am on boarding a specific project, For which I will create the users manually but want to track the approvals from the work flow..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venu,

Have you bothered to have a look at the role definition in BRM (role maintenance)?

You can manually set if the role is to be assigned automatically per system in the landscape.

If your requirement involves manually provisioning certain roles on the system, then the answer in this post should be sufficient enough for you.

Making an additional RFC to point to the same system would mean multiple connectors and logical connector groups being maintained as well as effectively repeat user/role/profile syncs.

former_member631141
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Harinam,

My requirement is not only to specific role but for also other provisioning activities like create/change etc..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venu,

Whilst the idea of multiple SM59 connectors pointing to the same single system is not really recommended, it may be possible.

Enter the required "Target host" and "Client ID" into the details and ensure you have a working User ID for the RFC in the target system.

You may wish to check this in your sandbox/dev system or ask your Basis team for their advice and ensure no Security policies are compromised.

Take care

former_member631141
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Harinam,

Seems GRC is not supporting to have auto provisioning at the end of request and No provisioning for single connector with back end system as ABAP.

But my business have requirement that few type of request type should be auto provisioning and few request types should be No provisioning.( probably only for Audit tracking purpose)

To achieve this I am looking for some work around methods.

Probably by creating the dummy connector for no provisioning as this will not do any thing in the back end system.

Kindly advise.