Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

/SAPTRX/EE_MONITOR_ADVANCED Not trigerring Alerts

arun_yesodharan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have configured several activities relevant for EE_MONITOR.However if i execute the program it changes the status of all the events which are overdue to RED.However the alerts configured are not trigerred.Kindly help.

The following is the configuration done:

Rule Set Accordingly-->

Triggering Alert-->

Changing the Status as DELAYED.

Configuration for Alert Category.

Assigned the alert category.

WebUI:

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member190756
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Arun,

did you assign your Multi Task Activity to EE Profile here?

Setting EE overdue is done automatically. But if you want specific rules you must assign the EE Mon Activity to your EE profile.

Best regards,

Steffen

former_member190756
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Another point:

This assignment is first effective for newly created EH after you assign it in the EE Profile.

Check field EE MONITOR PROC in table /SAPTRX/EH_HDR for your EH.

Best regards,

Steffen

arun_yesodharan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Steffen,

Thanks for the reply.I have now maintained the EE Monitor Activity in EE Profile & the same is getting reflected in /SAPTRX/EH_HDR against the EE MONITOR PROC.

But now when the log in SLG1 ,the rule is failing @ COMPARE :

System is comparing the event code mentioned with the last event code in the expected event list for the event handler type.Am using /SAPTRX/EE_MONITOR_ADVANCED.

Any Suggestion??

arun_yesodharan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Issue has been resolved.The solution is as follows:

1.As suggested by Steffen, the EE profile & EE Monitor assignment was missing.

2.In Rule Set for Activity -ALERT_CREATE the Alert category defined in SPRO-->Reactions to Event Message-->Define Alert Framework Connection-->Define Alert Framework Integration to SAP Event Management .

I had wrongly assigned the alert category maintained in SPRO-->Reactions to Event Message-->Define Alert Framework Connection-->Define Alert Categories

Got Confused with the ALERT CATEGORY word :

arun_yesodharan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Steffen ,

AS per the latest SAP Note : 2196007 - Alert Activity has not all Parameter in EE Monitor Activity Functions.

The descriptions now are interchanged for alert category & Actvt ID..Kindly check :

Correct me if am wrong.

former_member190756
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

yes sorry forgot to mention the note here.

There were also all other settings missing. I corrected them and changed the description.

Now everything is as for the entry in the Rule Set customizing.

Best regards,

Steffen

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member190756
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

ok this is really misleading. Especially as it is in the rule set customizing correctly named as Alert Activity ID.

I will change it.

Best regards,

Steffen

arun_yesodharan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Steffen,

Additionally i just want to know whether the alerts configured via EE MONITOR will trigger only once ie the first time EE MONITOR notices DELAY in the events or will it trigger daily if i schedule the in background to run daily.

Eg : I want alerts to be triggered as configured for the EE MONITOR every day till those events are reported.

former_member190756
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

if you want to achieve this you have to configure the rule set accordingly.

There is an activity OVERDUE_EE_RESET that you can use to reset the EE to overdue.

You send the alert and set the status back to overdue. Then the EE Monitor picks it again until it is reported.

But the icon will then not shown as red in the UI. But you could configure an own EH status to indicate that it is overdue.

Best regards,

Steffen

arun_yesodharan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Steffen , i will check this out.