cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TCP/IP RFC ERROR - Msg DGW 748 not found

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts ,

I have installed a new Enterprise portal system and try to establish connection with an existing SRM ABAP stack .

1) I have created Jco RFC with rfc destination to SRM - Both destination ping and JCo RFC Status are fine

2)Created a TCP IP RFC from SRM system to portal using the registered program .

3)gw/acl_mode is set to 0

Yet i am getting the following error during connection test , Please let me know whether any changes are required in Java stack or anything that could resolve this issue .

LogonConnection Error
Error DetailsError when opening an RFC connection (CPIC-CALL: 'ThSAPOCMINIT' : cmRc=19 thRc=7
Error DetailsERROR: Error (Msg DGW                  748 not found)
Error DetailsLOCATION: SAP-Server <hostname> on host <hostname> (wp 2)
Error DetailsCOMPONENT: CPIC
Error DetailsCOUNTER: 33
Error DetailsMODULE:
Error DetailsLINE:
Error DetailsRETURN CODE: 748
Error DetailsSUBRC: 0
Error DetailsRELEASE: 721
Error DetailsTIME: Tue Jul 21 20:05:05 2015
Error DetailsVERSION:

Thanks & Regards,

Deepak.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Deepak,

Please check the following SAP wiki,

I hope this will guide you for resolution

How to analyse Error Msg EGW 748 not found - ABAP Connectivity - SCN Wiki

Regards

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Isaias,

Thanks for the reply.I have referred the notes and set  gw/acl_mode to 0 ,however its not working . I have also tried with gw/acl_mode to 1 and permitted all the connections in secinfo & reginfo files , yet the same error occurs .

Any other suggestions please.

Thanks & Regards,

Deepak.

isaias_freitas
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Deepak,

Did you set "gw/acl_mode = 0" at the gateway where the program is being registered?

This would be the gateway indicated at the "gateway options" of the SM59 destination.

If the "gateway options" are blank, the parameter has to be set on all instances of the SAP system where the destination exists.

In addition, if you changed the parameter dynamically (e.g., transaction RZ11), you have to de-register and re-register the program (as informed at the WIKI, when it talks about changes to the reginfo file).

Regards,

Isaías

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Isaias,

Thanks for your reply.

After setting gw/aclmode to 0 in the Java system the connection is working .

Thanks & Regards,

Deepak.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good to know that issue is resolved.

Please close the thread for reference

Regards

Anand

isaias_freitas
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Per the SAP note 63347, the return code 748 means "access to registered program denied".

Check out the SAP KBA 1850230. It has a video illustrating how the reginfo rules work.

You can also read this WIKI page for more detailed information about the Gateway security features.

Regards,

Isaías