cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error message Q-Info record missing for supplier when trying to release production order

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello all

I am relatively inexperienced in QM so I am asking for your help.

when releasing a production order, we get a message stating that a quality info record is not available for this supplier.

the quality inforecord does exist tho.

the material has the quality view active and inspection setup is active as well.

the purchasing inforecord for this combination of material/vendor/plant does not exist.

what are we missing?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

like I said:

the material produced with the production order requires  a q-info record which exists (checked with QI03)so yes, when trying to release the production order (CO01) this is the message I get

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok! But one thing that I am not understanding is, how Q-info record or supplier are related to production order? Have you added any custom checks using some exit while releasing production order? Could you please share the error message number and the analysis it shows when you double click on this message?

Anand

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am guessing that the production order has a sub-contracting step.  Materials get issued to the subcontractor at some step and the product is returned.  The GR results in an 01 inspection lot hence the need for the Q-info record.

I rarely find SAP to be wrong in this process.  If it says you are missing the info record you probably are.  Make sure the record is released, all the applicable dates in it are valid, if a max qty is specified make sure it hasn't been exceeded.

And of course, the bottom line is make sure you know exactly what vendor or manufacturer number you are working with.  You might be looking at a supplier number instead of a manufacturer number possibly.  Not sure..  and it could be something custom your company put in.  Maybe something put in for actual purchases, (i.e. raws), that when developed, over looked the subcontracting process.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Craig

none of the above. it is internal production, no subcontracting involved.

but there is in fact a customer exit in place to check if the Qinfo record exists.

the fact is it does, that is why I am not sure of what is happening

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Alisa, So I think you need ABAP consultant's help here to dig out what conditions it is checking. May be you should debug it and check step by step what inputs are getting passed where and why it is not considering Q-info record even it is created? You can modify the code if necessary to address your organization related requirement.

As this is not standard SAP you should be able to fix it up with this debug approach!

Anand

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you sure you are getting this message while releasing Production Order? Q-Info records are created for the materials that you procure. So it has correlation with Purchase Order and not with the Production Order.

Try creating Q-Info record using tcode QI01 and execute the transaction again to check if the error message goes away.

Anand