Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dump after production transport of Type group

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I work on a 4.7 System. A Type group was created few months ago. I add a constant in this type group this week, and I transport order in production today.

In the workbench order there is only this object:

Type GroupR3TRTYPEZBC01

After the transport in production system, 8 DUMP appears: LOAD_PROGRAM_LOST:

Program "SAPLV61A" was modified during the run, etc ...

I understand the DUMP but I want to know if there is a solution to avoid DUMP after transport of type group ? Is it better to avoid use them ?

Thanks a lot for your answers,

Best regards,

Nicolas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nicolas,

I guess anything being changed at the global level, you need to exercise a bit of caution. In this case you need to make there are no programs that are currently executing the object you are transporting and this is a normal procedure.

For example you are transporting some changes to an interface you need to make sure that the interface is not running until the transport is moved completely.

Also it is always a better practice not to declare/work with global data unless absolutely required.

V.

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nicolas,

I guess anything being changed at the global level, you need to exercise a bit of caution. In this case you need to make there are no programs that are currently executing the object you are transporting and this is a normal procedure.

For example you are transporting some changes to an interface you need to make sure that the interface is not running until the transport is moved completely.

Also it is always a better practice not to declare/work with global data unless absolutely required.

V.

kiran_k8
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nicolas,

Before making a change golden rule is you need to check :-

If the Dev version is in synch with Prod version or not.

Then you have to check the where used list of this type group.

Only then you have to proceed with the changes.Now check on those lines and if possible attach the screenshot of the dump.

K.Kiran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

The Type-group is included in more than 300 programs. I think we have to stop to update this type-group ...

What did you mean by: check dev version is in synch with prod version ?

ST22:

Best regards,

Nicolas

Private_Member_7726
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please search at least OSS and SCN before posting - there is plenty of information about this out there... The easiest way to avoid LOAD_PROGRAM_LOST is to deliver to production only when the system is out of productive use (when users are logged off). The dump is not related to type groups in particular but rather the fact that program was changed during runtime. Note 5451 - LOAD_PROGRAM_LOST has quite good summary.

cheers

Jānis

0 Kudos

Hi Jānis,

Unfortunately users are not on the same timezone, so there is no time were all users are logged off. And the production is very rarely stopped.

I have already read notes on that subject. I just try to find a solution to avoid these dump.

I think we must not used global includes for constants ...

Thank you for your answer.

Nicolas

0 Kudos

Ok, thanks, that explains and that's a tough one. If the deliveries can not planned for "maintenance windows", then one can only give the poor users system message: "save your work and take a XX min break, guys"

Maybe it's feasible to split up the type group if it changes often...?

cheers

Jānis

0 Kudos

have a break have a kitkat

Yes, the split can be a solution.

thanga_prakash
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Nicolas,

Jānis Bis correct, I have come across this error many times "Program "XYZ" was modified during the run error " when I try to change any program and that program was already there in debugging mode.

Are you still getting the errors in production system?

Regards,

TP