cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A new local server cannot be started because you are running a client only installation of SQL Anywhere-Sybase central

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

After installing SQL Anywhere 12 and when i tried to configure,in the first step when I try to create a dB on the local computer,I  get the above error .Kindy help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member207653
Active Participant
0 Kudos

It sounds like you have only installed the SQL Anywhere client and administrative tools. If you are installing in production, you should get a full SQL Anywhere license to download the software from Home | SAP Support Portal . Otherwise, you can get the developer edition of SQL Anywhere 16 for free:

SAP Sybase SQL Anywhere 16

However, there is a limitation in the number of concurrent connections so it is not good if you are thinking to use it as Afaria database.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Micro Simoni...License key was the issue..now it works

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Karthik,

Thank you for contacting SAP Community Network.

Just wondering if the installation of the SQL anywhere12 went well without issues. Could you please try setting up the SQA again to avoid this error. Seems like the server setup is not done properly.

Make sure you run the dbsrv12,dbeng12 applications for the server setup and run scjview application for the database connection.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Sushmitha