cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project System- PO Created against zero budget.

former_member564981
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am facing this issue with my client. We had an instance where we had set up a Project Structure in CJ20N, Created and Released the Project Structure. No Budget had been assigned to the project.  
The system allowed Purchase Orders created against the project even though there was not a budget assigned.
It appears that the system does not notify Purchasing that there are no funds available when the budget is at Zero.

But one thing I noticed was that, whenever projects are created without budget assigned, then in CJ30 (Extras à Availability Control à Availability Control Information) Availability Control always inactive until I run Transaction codes (CJBN & CJEN). Why is availability control not activated with zero budget after every release of budgets or Is there anything that I’m  missing in the configurations. My client want this to always active anytime they create PO against a project with no budget assigned.

Please advise.

After CJ30 (Extras à Availability Control à Availability Control Information)

Tolerance limit

Budget profile.

Kind regards,

FJohn

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello John,

Please have a look here:

You need to have AVAC status as a starting point, same time I believe standard system allows you WBS account assignment even in Created status, so either changing that or forcing initial user status.

Thank you,

Paulo

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member210872
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mr. John,

Your are undergoing through half process of budgeting Functionally.

Creating Original budget by CJ30 is not sufficient to activate the Availability Control on WBS.

You have to follow Budget release by CJ32 once you create original budget by CJ30.

When you create budget by CJ30, WBS system status changes to BUDG. It Mean that Budget is applied by the user for approval from management for further utilization.

Once budget get released by Management through CJ32, WBS system status changes to  AVAC (i.e. Availability Control Activated) It mean Management approves your budget for utilization.

Once you done CJ32, all the commitment will be considered against budget availability. And as you have "0" zero budget system will not allow to make any PO.

Thanks

Dnyaneshwar

former_member564981
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you all for your concern.

I am new to Project System and I see this as an opportunity to learn.

I have created the user status and created PO against this budget but the system still allowed me to create PO against zero budget. pls see my screenshot below.

Let me know if am missing something and I can provide any further screenshot for any request.

1. I created project in cj20n and released it in cj20n and got the screenshot below:

2. I went to cj30 with zero budget, screen below:

3. Then on CJ30 again I added $1.00 CJ30

Then I went to CJ32 to activate and got the below error:

Then save and got the below:

If no:

Then if yes:

Now I am confused, help is needed.

FJohn

tejpal_patil
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Lets go step by step,

After creating User status using OK02 have you prohibited PO on that user status.

you can prohibite business transactions as per your requirment.

as shown in above screen you have to Forbidd PO for that user Status, so system will not allow to create PO if that user status is active.

Please check your configuration.

Regards,

Tejpal Patil.

former_member564981
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you guys for your support so far.

Paulo, Tejpal & Rahul...................Thank you all.

This is resolved after flagging the Material Purchase Order (forbidden).

Issue closed.

Regards,

FJohn.

former_member210342
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Femmy john

Repiles from others r right. Let me add few from my side.

As per screen shot , you r able to release project without assiging budget.

and PR/ PO is allowed w.r.t project..(Standard)

Now you need to  assign buget befre getting project release.

It can be cntrolled by User status and Abap Help.

once it is done system will not allow to relase project before budget assignment in CJ30.

Once budget is assigned to prject then relase your project then create PR/PO

I hope it will help

Thanks

Rahul

former_member564981
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you Paulo, Tejpal and Rahul.

To Paulo, you said after doing the configuration for user status that it will start work only for new master data created under the new process. Like I said that we've already gone live.

My question is, as we are not creating any new master data, If I create the user status now, Is it possible to go and create new project with zero budget and test?

Please advise.

Regards,

FJohn

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Your questions shows up as answered, but I feel like it is not?!

1. In the link to another discussion, if you read that, there is a conclusion for validation user-exit, so just a user status alone is not enough, because you use availability control based on released funds.

2. You need a user status to prevent account assignment (for PR/PO) in Created status.

3. You never test things in production system, but you should test things in the QA system.  Yes, it is possible to create new master data

Regards,

Paulo

former_member210342
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Femmy,

Its not so complicated ,let me try to tell you the process

1. project created

2.Goto Cj30 assign the budget.(Annually also)

3. goto cj32 release the budget(Annually also )

why annually reason (OPS9 Settings)

Ind. 'Overall' Ind. 'Releases' Avail. control against ...

X - Overall budget

- - Annual budget

X X Overall budget released

- X Annual budget released

then create PR/PO. It will surly works.

Try to test in Development once.

Thanks

Rahul

tejpal_patil
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi FJohn,

In my system Budget get assigned to project before Project get released so Availability control get activated automatically, however in your case you are releasing project without assigning Budget.

One way to resolve your issue is to create User Status which will be active by default when WBS is created.

This Status will prohibit Creation of PR/PO or any account assignment activities as per your requirements.

Which will satisfy your requirment.

Further to that configure this user status such that as soon as Budget get added in CJ30 this status get deactivated automatically hence prohibition get removed and availability control get activated.

Hope this will help you.

May be this not be best solution, Other PS experts pls advice.

Regards,

Tejpal

tejpal_patil
Explorer
0 Kudos

Please refer note

Note 602588 - Availability control before budgeting

Award points if found helpful... thanks

Regards,

Tejpal.

former_member564981
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you guys for your quick response (Paulo & Tejpal).

My concern is that if I create the status profile, I hope this will not affect anything?

Reason was because if we assign budget to project, the activation is working well but only with zero budget that is not working for. So I believe that this change should only be for zero budget.

Kindly clear my doubt on this please.

Regards

FJohn.

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello FJohn,

You problem is not the zero budget, but the absence of AVAC status at the time of PO.  And AVAC in your case will be triggered only by budget release with CJ32 and not by CJ30.

In my previous reply I did included a link for almost the same discussion, and it is specific to the fact that availability control is based on released budget.  You would need to reinforce it with a user status that prevents PO account assignment prior to WBS release.

I do not see any issue, except that it will start work only for new master data created under the new process. Still it is your responsibility to test it prior to go-live.

Regards,

Paulo

former_member564981
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you Paulo. We've gone live already.

I will try the link and test to see if the problem will be solve and inform.

Regards,

FJohn