cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Net Margin Results - Fiori Apps

0 Kudos

Hi All Experts,

I have an issue while running the Net Margin Results - Fiori Apps in our system. While running it we encounter the following screen that asked us to enter the Controlling Parameters as shown below in the screen 1. But the controlling area and cost element group on the 2nd screen does not allow us to freely type in a value. Furthermore the dropdown list of controlling area and cost element group does not return any value.

How shall we fix this issue?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am facing an issue on the similar lines and was looking for any help possible.

Actually I am able to get the Controlling Parameter Values in the help area, but not able to change the value of the fiscal year (screenshots attached). Now,

1. Can I even change the value of Fiscal Year in the first place?

2. If yes, how can I fix this?

3. I am not getting any data in the application, could it be possible fixing Fiscal year value may resolve that as well?

Looking forward to any help that can be extended to help resolve this.

Thanks and Regards,

Abhishek Goel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey David,

I was away yesterday and I have good and bad news..

So if you followed my steps fully, you should atleast get the controlling area in drop down.

Also you should set the client parameter in the Fiori Launchpad configuration

Ask your basis guy to check this..check the client value entered in parameters

Once done you should be able to see data from Controlling area

But still I am not able to see the data coming through

There is one other note which you should look at, though it is tangentially related to issue at hand

2127080 - Release restrictions for SAP Simple Finance on-premise edition 1503

Do post if you make any headway

Regards

Rishab

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey David,

Good morning,

I too faced the same issue,

What we did was to go to the HANA db and check "ProfitabilityAnalysisquery"

You can see the link below, try to run this query directly to see if it work...

One other issue which we had was that our fiori user and the HANA db user did not have -"sap.hba.apps.sfin.s.roles::fiori_sfin”  role.

So you need to assign that.

And while you would be just be about to test, dont just

Follow this setup in launchpad.

I hope you see your net margin

Take care,

Regards

Rishab

0 Kudos

Hi Rishab,

Thanks for your response. In actual fact we did all what you have described including checking the data in HANA Studio on the query mentioned by you. But it does not help out.

The funny thing is how can that prompt screen appears while we want to run Net Margin Results app.

Best Regards

David Yee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

What Rishab saying., that the same we did for one of our DSO app last year., which we got struck ed up., But after we review the Hana Quarry - we got the difference between quarry Written in the back end on HANA& application configuration in front end is different - so we rectified at Fiori Configuration as per HANA quarry then worked well.

But as you said., when you check HANA query - have you got ant result & data as you expected?

- if so, then your fiori configuration need to map accordingly. OR if both are same., but even through not working the app., then you have to look in to either SAP note nor Role assignment to the user.

Regards.,

Chan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

For your first issue that Controlling area -

you need to maintain a SAP_SFIN_BCR_SALESMANAGER role in PFCG  for your Fiori app user ID.

& also required to maintain Parameters for the same user as

• Controlling area (CAC)
  • Planning category (FCOM_CATEGORY)
  • Cost element group (KAG) that you have created as the root node in the previous configuration step

For your Second Issue - in your SAP back end system

1. Create a cost element group as the root node of the hierarchy.
  2. Under the root node, create another cost element group for revenue accounts.
  3. Under the revenue group, enter the cost elements that belong to the categories Revenues (11) and Sales Deduction (12).
  4. At the same level as the revenue group, create one or more cost element groups for cost accounts, depending on the desired granularity (for example, you can create one group for Direct Costs and another forIndirect Costs).
  5. Under each of the cost groups that you have created, create a cost element group for each of the cost subtypes that you use (for example, Packaging).
  6. Under each of the cost subtypes that you have created, enter the relevant cost elements.

By the way did you implemented 2009516 note? - this is mandatory to implement.

Regards,

0 Kudos

Hi Chan P,

Thanks for your reply, we have done all necessary steps required before this. But it still does not help to resolve this issue.

Best Regards

David Yee