Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduling and sharing

former_member729889
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We want to use Lumira Team Server for scheduling and sharing the stories based on BEx queries.

I have some questions if anyone knows or experienced before:

1. When I open a story and go to "share", SAP Lumira Team Server is not available on the top menu. "File -> Save as" works to save it on Team Server.

Why don't we have the top menu to publish? Does it make any difference when we save it to the server?

2. I can schedule a report on Desktop as in the following document. How about the users who will access it through the server via browser or mobile?

How can I schedule it on team server instead of desktop?

Thank you!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

hi,

the "share" workflow is for a HANA-based version of Lumira server.  You are doing the right thing "save as" to team server.

scheduling of server-side refreshes is limited to a handful of freehand SQL source, and Universe acquisitions using the UNX data access extension .

the BW end to end refresh is not there yet on the platform, this is coming soon

Cheers

H

former_member729889
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Henry!

Even if I use UNX or freehand SQL, I only see scheduling as a Lumira Desktop functionality. The only option on schedule screen is "Publish datasets to SAP Lumira Cloud".

How about Lumira Server, Lumira Team Server and BI addon?

Cheers!

former_member729889
Participant
0 Kudos

By the way, is there any differece between "share" function of lumira server and "save as" of lumira team server?

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Yeah, you'd use the scheduling options on the platform (as opposed to desktop)

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

"Share to BIplatform"  was the workflow for the older Lumira Server on HANA implementation

"save to BIplatform" is the correct workflow for both Team and BIplatform versions

former_member729889
Participant
0 Kudos

scheduling options on the platform?

This is the desktop :

Can you share any similar link for platform please?

I don't see such an option on team server at the moment?

Answers (0)