cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internal Note text Pop-Up is coming during invoice creation in VF01/04

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Experts,

we have a strange situation at my client's end.

When creating the invoice through VF01 / VF04, a text pop-up is appearing (for internal note text ID) and the text being copied from the delivery header.

I know that the text is being copied from the delivery to the invoice due to the invoice type configuration screen check-box "DeliveryText" but my problem is with the pop-up during invoice.

I know that we can have this pop-up functionality during sales order & delivery text determination due to the VOTXN setting of Y (Text will be displayed during copying) or Z (Text is obligatory and will be displayed while transferring) but i am unable to understand how this pop-up is coming at the invoice level also as we dont have these settings at billing document header / item options in VOTXN.

So, even when my delivery header text setting for this text ID is "Blank" or "X" (which do not enable the pop-up), still my invoice is showing this pop-up whenever some text is present in the delivery header text.

I checked this with my ABAPer and when he debugged this, he told me that if this text is not blank in delivery header and if that pop-up screen (screen number 101) has an entry in the Last generation date field of the screen attributes (Field RS37A-GENDATE), then this pop-up will come as coded in the standard SAP program (no exits or Z involved here).

he suspects that this may have happened after the EHP6 upgrade as this last generation date can't be found in any transparent tables.

PLEASE FIND ATTACHED THE ABAP ANALYSIS FOR THIS

So has anyone come-up with this situation? if yes then how did you fix the same?

Inputs are awaited.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Elena & Shiva . we have already raised the issue with SAP and awaiting their response. will update here after they respond on how to fix this.

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Compare the current screen settings with the before upgrade client copy screen settings. If no clue is available, then as mentioned before, check with SAP for any notes.

Regards,

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Looks rather odd... I'd open an incident with SAP since it appears to be an issue in the standard transaction.