Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attachments from SRM SHC to R/3 PR locked

hubert_haist2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

we're adding attachments to the SRM shopping carts and transfer them to the R/3 purchase requisition. I've set up the DMS using DC10, DC20 and DC30 and the attachments are visible in R/3, but they are locked and can't be opened.

This happens for .doc, .xls and also for .pdf. Did I miss a special setting in one of the transactions above?

Any ideas? Thank you!

Hubert

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Dear Hubert,

could you please clarify a bit what you mean with "they are locked". Could you maybe provide us a screenshot.

Best regards,

Christoph

hubert_haist2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Christoph,

in the screenshot within a PR we get following error message:

No temprorary current directory for your frontend available.

Then:

I've also included screenshots of our customizing of DC20:

Thanks

Hubert

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Dear Mr. Hubert,

based on your description I would kindly ask you to check your settings in transaction DC30 for the afffected workstation application. At "Define Workstation Application in network" please made sure that the parameter %AUTO% is maintained for all the entries.

Further I saw that you still use the old dynpros for object links display. Please see the information at Maintain object links - Product Lifecycle Management - SCN Wiki and note 1066915.

Best regards,

Christoph

hubert_haist2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Christoph,

we have the parameter entry not for all entries in DC30, but for all there workstation applications which we want to use.

Could the old dynpros cause this issue?

Thanks

Hubert

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Dear Hubert,

the switch to the new dynpros should be made anyway. This change avoids a lot of different issues with object links.

Best regards,

Christoph

hubert_haist2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

I've tried to make the entries, but the table is empty and I'm not sure which SAP objects would be required for our case. Actually we only use attachments in purchase requisition and purchase order. In the search help I don't see any entry for these objects.

Regards

Hubert

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Hubert,

generally you can find all the dynpro numbers in transaction SE80 when using function group CV130. Here in the folder "Screens" all objects are listed.

For purchase requisition issues I would recommend you to maintain at least objects EBAN and EKPO. In note 375452 you will find the necessary screen numbers. The entries can be made also via the DMS customizing in transaction SPRO at

Cross-Application Components

>> Document Management

>> Control Data

>> Main Screen for object link

Best regards,

Christoph

hubert_haist2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

thanks for your assistance. I've added the entries but I can see no difference to the settings before.

Kind regards

Hubert

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Dear Hubert,

did the layout of the screen change?

If the error message is still raised please check the longtext of the message and post the message number. If possible it would also help if you could set a breakpoint to statement MESSAGE and see where this error message is raised.

Best regards,

Christoph

hubert_haist2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

it seems that the layout has changed, but the error is still coming up.

There are 2 different error messages.

In the first screen of a previous post the error message is:

No temprorary current directory for your frontend available

Message no. 26267

In the second screen I get following message:

Start authorization for application  not set

Message no. 26121

Start Authorization flag is set for the applications I want to use.

Thanks and regards

Hubert

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Hubert,

thanks for the error message numbers. I checked your screenshots again and I saw that the field "Appl." in the document info record is empty. This is the reason why the error message is raised.

So to correct this behavior you can go to CV02N and edit the document info record. Then display the details of the original file and add a valid workstation application (e.g. DOC) again. Afterwards the display should work.

Another option would be to check the information at http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/x/2ZcBGQ where you will find a special report that could be useful for your situation as well. Please note that this is not a standard SAP report and so please test this carefully first.

Best regards,

Christoph

hubert_haist2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

after changing the record I'm able to open the document now. The report in the attached link could be helpful to correct the existing documents. But unfortunately in none of the records transfered from SRM the workstation application is filled. I've used MS Word, MS Excel, PDF and also GIF, nothing could be opened directly.

So could there be a problem in the BADI between SRM and R/3? Do you know the program where I can see the workstation application from SRM is shown?

Thanks

Hubert

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Hubert,

could you please test the creation from SRM side again, because I knew that the old screens could cause such a behavior in the past. But when using new screens the workstation application should be transferred correctly.

From DMS point of view the BAPI_DOCUMENT_CREATE2 is used for creating the document info records. If you place an external breakpoint there you can check which data is filled to table DOCUMENTFILES in case the originals are stored on a content server. You can use transaction SRDEBUG for creating the external breakpoint.

Best regards,

Christoph

hubert_haist2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

we've debugged the program and have seen that table DOCUMENTFILES is empty. Any ideas why we don't het the required information here?

Thanks a lot.

Hubert

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Hubert,

if the DOCUMENTFILES table is empty are you storing your files in a non-KPRO storage category like archive, vault, etc. In this case the file data should be present in table DOCUMENTDATA.

Best regards,

Christoph

hubert_haist2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

we've defined KPRO storage for this document type:

but we've seen that there was an entry in table DOCUMENTDATA. What do we make wrong that we don't see entries in DOCUMENTFILES?

In DC20 we've defined this frontend and only an entry for the frontend computer.

In debug mode we can see that there is no document type (PF_DAPPL) available, for none of the document types we've used.

Thank you.

Hubert

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Hubert,

maybe the SRM note 2128643 could be useful for you. If not, I think that the experts from SAP SRM support need to take a look at this issue. There is also a special SRM space here in SCN where you can find useful information maybe.

Best regads,

Christoph