Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Archivelink API - get size information

Hi all gurus,

I'm looking for a *smart* way to obtain the size information (in bytes) of a file stored on an external repository by means of Archivelink.

This is the scenario: the configuration of the ERP has been done without any problem and once a document has been archived by means of Archivelink, all the table entries in TOA01, DRAW, DRAT, DRAD etc... have been populated.

Unfortunately, I can't see in these entries any information regarding the file size of an archived document; I was then looking for a way to obtain the information by means of Archivelink APIs, but so far, no success.
A trivial way to obtain the result is to download the archived content as XSTRING and then get the size information using XSTRLEN( ). But this will lead to severe performance loss as the document could be really huge; moreover, I have to perform such operation on a set of archived documents.

I've seen that the DRAW table contains some fields such as FILELEN and FILELEN1, but in my scenario, these fields are always empty.

Any suggestion is really appreciated.

Thanks!

M.

Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question