cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Detecting Status of the OS through solman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have been assigned a task in which i need to check the status(Running/Stopped) of the OS level through the sap solman Gui.

Is there any t-code or in-built function or any standard to check through solman's sap gui.

Please help me to solve this issue.

Thanks

Manu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member185048
Participant
0 Kudos

Manu,

You can use the advanced technical monitoring setup, to monitor the OS process and trigger notification.

The link is mentioned below.

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/download/attachments/269157890/Monitored%20Processes%20Metrics.pdf?vers...

Thanks,

Karthik.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Karthik,

Thanks for the reply.. But how i would come to know whether the particular system OS is up and running or not...? What is the parameter here which defines whether the OS is running or no?

Thanks,

Manu

former_member185048
Participant
0 Kudos

Manu,

You want to know whether the operating system hosting the sap application is up and running? If so let us know the OS flavor(windows, linux).

Thanks,

Karthik.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Karthik exactly,that is what we want to accomplish. we are interested to implement this for windows as well as for linux..

Is there any way to accomplish this? If so please let me know as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Manu

former_member204080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manu,

You can do this by activating Technical monitoring for your system(system whose OS status you need to monitor) from solution manager

Once managed system setup is done and you assign template to the managed system you get this functionality

When you activate monitoring you can monitor DB,host(opeartign system) ,Techincal system and instance

There are some templates which SAP has already provided in solman ,so you can assign Linux default or Windows default template to your managed system host

There is an alert configured which pings the operting system host IP and if it doesnt respond to ping it will send an email saying Host not available

Regards,

Murali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Manu,

You have common tcode for OS monitoring in almost all SAP versions

Check ST06 or OS06

Regards

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

Thanks for the reply.. I tried this earlier itself but it didn't work.

Thanks,

Manu