cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transporting Integration Flows through Landscape

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

I am quite new to PI and suppose this must be a newbe question, neveretheless I found no answer on the SCN.

consider following scenario: PO 7.4 System, ABAP System, 3rd party system, each of them in DEV, QS and PROD variants:

• POD, POQ, POP
  • ABD, ABQ, ABP
  • 3PD, 3PQ, 3PP

Now we create an integration flow on POD connecting to ABD and 3PD. and need to transport them to QS and PROD Systems.

I need to enter connection parameters like URLs, Server names, technical user credentials, etc. in Communication Channel Configurations.

What is the best practice to transport those integration flows (and/or CCs) to QS and PROD Systems?

PS: I know that depending on the chosen adapter, there may or may not be an option to use (e.g.) a HTTP Destination rather than an actual URL,

just to name a few examples:

• receiving SOAP/XI3: I can choose a destination
  • receiving SOAP/HTTP1.1 --- there is only the actual URL
  • receiving RFC --- there is only the possibility to enter application server, instance number, etc. but no way to use an RFC-Destination

Thanks and best regards,

Thomas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

suman_saha
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

You need to maintain business system groups in SLD.

Then you need to maintain the transport tab:

Quality business system will have the source system as Development system and target system as Production system.

So when you transport the ID objects like communication channel from development system to quality, the business system name will be automatically changed to quality business system. You need to manually change the credentials or URL then in Quality ID.

Regards,

Suman

Former Member
0 Kudos

I see. But this will replace only the Business Systems during the transport, right?

If I understand correctly, I will still need to open the Communication Channels and reconfigure them (considering as a "manual" transportation step)

Is there a reason why Destinations are not being used throughout the adapter configurations (at least those, where appropriate, like HTTP, RFC, JDBC)

suman_saha
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Yes you need to go to each communication channel and give the correct input,save and activate.

Unlike ESR objects, ID objects are not activated when you import. You need to save and activate manually.

Note: Only the necessary changes need to be done (which varies with system like RFC destination,URL, File Path, User ID-Password etc)

Regards,

Suman

Answers (0)