cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOAP: response message contains an error XIAdapter/PARSING/ADAPTER.SOAP_EXCEPTION - soap fault: Server was unable to process request. ---> Timeout expired.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

My scenario is Web Service to SOAP scenario. While sending data via this SOAP adapter to IIS server, for some of the messages i am getting below error in RWB:

MP: exception caught with cause com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: SOAP: response message contains an error XIAdapter/PARSING/ADAPTER.SOAP_EXCEPTION - soap fault: Server was unable to process request. ---> Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding.

The scenario is:

3rd party application -> PI -> IIS Server (via SOAP Adapter) -> SQL Database

This error doesn't happen for all the messages but happens for very few of them. When i manually try to reprocess them later point of the time, I am successfully able to delivery them.

Can someone please help?

Thanks,

Hetal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Was able to identify that the receiver system had a huge job running which was causing the time out and hence receiver system was sending timeout as server response.

We have changed the time of the job and now we do not see any time out errors.

Thanks,

Hetal

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

PriyankaAnagani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hetal,

Timeout happens when the receiver system is not responding on time. I would not suggest increasing the timeout in PI as it depends on several factors and  also it may cause problems.

For synchronous interfaces increasing the  timeout would not be a good solution. Please check with the receiver system team why is it not sending the response in time. You can work with them to have some traces/logs collected and troubleshoot the issue.

If the receiver system is taking time to respond and if its to possible to tune the performance of receiver system, then adjust the Synchronous timeout parameter in PI based on

1. Average Processing time in PI.
          2. Average time receiver system is taking to send response.

Without having this analysis, increasing the timeout parameter may not help much.

Regards,

Priyanka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Hetal,

Please increase timeout parameter as suggest in SAP note :-

856597 - FAQ: XI 3.0 / PI 7.0/7.1/7.3 SOAP Adapter

Regards

Anand

nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos