cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RELIABLE AMONG DELIVERY UNIT AND DEVELOPER MODE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I work on HANA studio and I have 2 HANA Environments on AWS, say DEVELOPMENT and PRODUCTION

Based on my knowledge I can Transport the CONTENT between the 2 Environments( DEVELOPMENT and PRODUCTION) by using following

Methods:

1. DELIVERY UNIT

2.DEVELOPER MODE(File--> Export/Import-->Dev mode)

• By using DELIVERY UNIT we can Transport Multiple Packages at a time in between  2 Environments but I can't select Specfic view indidually for movement.

• But By using DEVELOPER MODE we can  select and  TRANSPORT Specific Views   & Packages  between  DEVELOPMENT and PRODUCTION.

• Also we do the TRANSPORT using DEVELOPER MODE option and they get mported in Inactive state I need to activate the views again in the 2nd Environment.

Now if i have 20 Views in XYZ Package in both DEV AND PROD ENVIRONMENTS and in DEV if I added 2 New

Views in the XYZ package  and i want to Transport  it to the Corresponding  Prod .

1. I can do it  this using the Develpor mode option.But is  this reliable/best way of doing it?

2. Is there a Way in selecting only these 2 VIEWS to DELIVERY UNIT without adding the Entire Package.(To prevent OVERWRITING)

Regards

Nagarjuna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) It is not reliable to use developer mode to transfer objects from DEV to PROD system.

2) Either Transfer the objects using transport or again export the whole package and import it to the PROD system with the activation.