Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery split require during Loading

neeraj_lal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am facing situation where business is not using EM & WM. We are using SAP TM9.1.

Its Truck shipment scenario where planning will be done based on DTR.

FO planning and carrier selection is in SAP TM.

I am finding at the time of Loading many times Business is not able to load complete planned Freight units. This is because transporter is not able to send required Truck. Truck dimensions are not standard. Due to this delivery split require.

How to achieve this?

Can we achieve this by integrating Freight Order to ERP shipment? Do Shipment support delivery split and update Freight order in TM?

Any other suggestion to achieve this also welcome.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neeraj,

Did you try Un-planning such FO (removing the FU's) and splitting these FU's based on the trucks available? Then re-plan them again into 2 FO's. This should work provided your FUBR allows item split.

ERP Shipments do support delivery split but they will still assign the corresponding new FU's and DTR's to the existing FO. This may not help you since you want an additional FO(different truck). Hope my understanding of the issue is correct.

BR

narender

neeraj_lal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Narendra,

Thanks for your reply.

In case if my Freight order has more than 1 delivery after planning (LTL situation).  I was planning to handle this via triggering shipment in ECC, thinking this will help user to update all attached delivery via updating shipment status say Goods Issue, output.

1.In case if I am removing FU from freight order do my attached shipment will be updated.

2. In case if I am not configuring shipment, Can FO handle above requirement and update all attached delivery, trigger delivery output. We do not have EM or WM.

3. What will be best approach to handle such situation.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Neeraj,

I am not sure if i understood your requirement correctly.

Do Shipment support delivery split and update Freight order in TM?

It depends on how many material are Picked and Goods issued in the delivery of the shipment.

Let us say u have a delivery documnet with 5 Material and has a shipment number assigned to it, once the shipment is goods issued for say 3 QTY then 2 QTY are still open in delivery.

So you can still create a new delivery Against the sales order which can create a new DTR and New FO in TM.

Check with SD team once.

* You can also use a setting of "Complete delivery option " in ECC --> This will not enable Delivery /Shipment to be partially goods issued.

Thanks,

Ajay

neeraj_lal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

SAP treats shipment triggered via SAP TM differently than normal LE-TRA and this is a base of my question.

We have situation in TM implementation where business is not using WM or EM. so once freight planning and FO creation what will be the best way to handle this? Normal Pick, Pack, Loading will be done without use of WM.

If I am triggering shipment in ecc as per my understanding this will help user to track shipment easily for pick, Loading activity as we do not have EM. Please advice if any other best way to handle this.

In case if I am triggering shipment from FO then how sap will handle situation for example in case  at the time of loading, truck capacity less (Differ) from planned one.

Earlier in LE-TRA we were able to do delivery split but how to handle this if shipment is attached to FO? We can not do split in TM integrated shipment which was possible in LE-TRA shipment.

Any suggestion will be helpful.

Answers (0)