cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Peculiar issue in Event message processing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are facing a weird issue during the event message processing.

We have some multiple 214s coming an expected event codes reported by the carrier.

Only one of the message is processed against the expected event where as other events are registered against the event handler

as unexpected event.

So basically this is causing 2 problems:

1. As per the expected event profile, the expected event has the "reprocessing flag" on. Then why are the multiple messages registered as unexpected event.
  2. There is a rule set activity to update TM with execution info data. This is creating an inbound queue which is failing because there is no TOR_ID in the EM structure

For both the above problems, we think that the event message is not reading the event handler data for some reason.

Any tips ?

Thanks,

Deb

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Some context:

This is happening very inconsistently. We faced the issue in Production and could now replicate the issue in test.

This is happening when some event messages were sent before the event handler was created. Meaning if there is some delay in the event handler creation but messages were received before that.

Thanks.,

Deb

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Debabrata,

Do you have custom pre-processing program or custom BADI implementation enabled in your system to post event message?

Can you check and let me know?

Regards

GGOPII

former_member190756
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deb,

if no EH exists the message should be stored in table /SAPTRX/EVM_UNPR and processed when the EH will be created. But i don't know a reason why it should be the processed as an unexpected event.

To match the message to an EE the following things are checked if not excluded in customizing:

Location (LOCID1, LOCID2, Location Codeset)

Partner (Partner ID and Partner Codeset)

Data ID and Data Code Set.

Could you check the messages and compare it with the EE on the EH?

Best regards,
Steffen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steffen/Gopi,

We do have location check and pre-processing function to add location ID etc.

I compared the event messages and they are exactly same.

When I could replicate the issue, I used the same IDOC to simulate and thus the event message was exactly the same, data by data.

So sequence of steps:

1) First post an IDOC for an event handler that does not exist

2) Create the event handler and immediately the previously posted message was registered against the expected event

3) I simulated another IDOC copying the previous one and this time message was registered as unexpected event

4) 2nd & 3rd simulation copying the same IDOC always went into the expected event over writing it

The only thing, I can guess is "timing". When the 2nd time I simulated the IDOC the event handler was somehow not recognized. The time gap was in minutes.

Thanks,

Deb

former_member190756
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deb,

this sounds strange.

You could check here in debugger:

class /SAPTRX/CL_EXPEV_PROCESSOR method PROCESS_MSG.

Here are all the checks done to determine if it is expected or unexpected.

Check here where it went wrong to find the EE.

Best regards,

Steffen