SAP WMS Integration with WCS systems
We are rolling out ERP as a Global template on SAP ECC. We are using SAP ECC6.0 EHP7 and the template covers both manufacturing plants and DCs. Out Warehouses (Manufacturing as well as DCs) are currently designed on SAP WMS (and no plan for EWM yet). Some of our Warehouses are highly automated with ASRS systems. I have following questions related to SAP WMS integration with WCS systems. Hope to get some expert advice from this esteem group.
- Movement and Management of empty pallets or containers – is this managed by the ERP, WMS system, the WCS or in another place?
- Specifically how are requests for empty pallets / containers handled, automatically or manually and if automatically by what system? This is specific to pallets and containers within warehouse for use within the warehouse.
- Is status of a pallet or container managed in the ERP or WMS or in another system (such as available, used, clean etc)?
- Are empty pallets / containers moved and stored in the automated warehouse or in another area?
- Cycle counting
- How is the material that is stored in the highly automated warehouse e.g. high bay warehouse cycle counted? Since a user cannot go to the bins for counting, are the pallets brought to a specific area for counting purpose? Can you pls think of seq of steps that needs to be performed between WMS and WCS to handle this?
Any pointer or best practice shared across the industry would be really appreciated.
We are in a Life Science business.