Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery Output

former_member229388
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

In our case, once the Delivery is getting created, we need to trigger multiple outputs to split delivery items and then send IDOCs.

I wanted to understand, can we call same delivery output more than once?

So basically, we will use same processing routine attached to output type, but pass separate set of data each time to trigger IDOC.

Or is there any better way to achieve this?

Pls let me know.

Thanks,

Dhananjay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member229388
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

May be I was not able to explain it well earlier.

Actually, we need to check certain conditions, and then combine Delivery line items which satisfies these conditions, and populate a Idoc with these line items.

I suppose we wont be able to use line item output here.

Thanks,

Dhananjay

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dhananjay,

To create outbound IDOC (from SAP) we use output determination. The logic (combining, splitting) can be written in the print program. You need only one output type, when this gets triggered, it will create as many IDOC according to the logic in the program.

At data level, in each IDOC, in a header level field pass the SAP outbound delivery no. so that there is a trace from IDOC no. to the SAP delivery note.

TW

hualin_zhang
Participant
0 Kudos

In output type customizing, there is a flag "mutiple issueing'.  If you flag it, system will allows to issue the output more than once.

For your query, if you just want to issue output type once for each item, why don't you use item output?

Juwin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
we will use same processing routine attached to output type

Would you be able to attach the same processing routine to multiple output types and then trigger all of them on the delivery?

Thanks,

Juwin

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Juwin,

Not talking about this business scenario, from a purely technical pov, yes we can have the same processing routines (print program and smartform program) is multiple output types. The triggering of o/p types is based on condition records.

TW