cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to do NW 7.3 distribution system installation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When I am installing distribution systems ASCS installation is done. But in Database Instance installation it is asking profile directory. But when I browse for that it is not showing anything. Can you please tell me what I can do now And please provide if you are having any solutions.

Regards,

Venu.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venu,

Before starting the DB instance, have completed the ASCS instance? its will create the SAP global host in that you can find the profile path.

"\\hostname\sapmnt\SID\SYS\profile"

Steps to Install the SAP Distribution system

1. Central Services Instance (ASCS): Installs a central services instance (ASCS) and prepares the SAP global host

Mandatory step in installing a distributed SAP system with usage types or software units based on AS ABAP and AS Java

2. Database Instance:Installs a database instance. Mandatory step in installing a distributed SAP system

You must have finished the Central Services Instance (SCS) installation before you can choose this installation option.

3. Primary Application Server Instance:Installs a primary application server instance and enables additional software units

Mandatory step in installing a distributed SAP system on several hosts. You must have finished the database instance installation.

Regards

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram,

I followed the same procedure.  The globalhost directory is not created when I installed the ASCS. can you please tell me it will create automatically...?

Regards,

venu.

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Reddy

Could you share the OS /DB details?

BR

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ss,

I installed ASCS on windows 2012  and installed Oracle on Windows 2008.

Regards,

venu

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venu.

1. You can install the SAP Global host on either Windows 2012 or 2008, In Both system disable the firewall & UAC.

2. Yes, During the SAP Global host installation create the "SAPMNT" share along with profile folders automatically.

3. During the DB instance you have to show the profile path of global host profile share.

4. SIDADM & SAPServiceSID user id's as part of local administrator group on both systems.

5. Start the SAP Global host installation using SIDADM user id

Regards

SS

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Reddy

Refer the SAP Installation guide in http://service.sap.com/guidefinder  - Select the SAP version, OS / DB and tasks - Installation

Regards

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SS,

When I am sharing the sapmnt folder  it is asking for administrator password.

Because when I installed the ASCS the sapmnt folder is not created automatically.

can you please tell me for sharing the folder administrator password is required.

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Reddy

I think the user id you are starting the SWPM is not having the  administrator privilege, because of this asking administrator password.

Better you can add those user id's in you windows OS administrator group in both servers

Regards

SS