cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HANA security modelling issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are trying to build roles in order to grant the users to the security team. But we face a very strange issue.

We got the standard HTG_Template_Roles_V01_2014_03_27.tgz and imported into our system. After a great struggle we kind of figured how to create the roles.

When we got the roles, we assigned the roles.modelling::data_modelling roles to the user.

But then we faced an issue where the user was unable to create a package on his own. In order to overcome the same added the below line to get the user be able to create the package into the role.

package ".REPO_PACKAGE_ROOT" : REPO.MAINTAIN_NATIVE_PACKAGES;

When i try to login using the user and check i can see all the packages which are created by me and other users as well.

Is there a way to restrict only to get them see only their packages?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here is the screen shot for the same :

Remove root package which in the standard role you imported. By this way you can over some this issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sharath,

Did you get my question, i just want to give access to users to create packages.I dont want them to see others packages.

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) Go to Granted Roles -> remove contain_admin roles.

2) Logoff user and login again

If this is not your problem then kindly post the screenshot of the roles which is provided to the particular user,

BR

Neelkanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have gone with the approach of using modelling roles. I think removing the root package was already mentioned. I did try that and it didnt work.

Also just like that we cannot put in the content admin. We have to understand as to what all it does. Especially when audit is sitting on my head .

Former Member
0 Kudos

To create a user and assign him a package you have to follow this steps:

1) create a package inside your public package

a) Go to content -> public -> right click and create a new package

b)  then create the user and assign that package to the user   

Example :

suppose user_name is -> "abc" then

1) create a package in public->training-> abc

2) now create user

3)assign modelling role

4) go to package -> add the package public.training.abc (this will be the location of package)

5) activate the user

In this way he will access this particular package only. and assign the below privileges to the user. Do not select anything from privileges for imported packages

param0308
Participant
0 Kudos

Please provide full detail what other authorization you want to provide to users.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thanks all.

One question, do we have any guidances regarding newly starting the HANA modelling.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go through the course Introduction of Software development at opensap.com

param0308
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

REPO_PACKAGE_ROOT is the root package , this will give access to all packages.

• remove root package.
  • add your package in the package privilege tab.
  • activate.
  • Done

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajendar,

My requirement is give access to create packages not to give them access to view all the packages.

param0308
Participant
0 Kudos

When i try to login using the user and check i can see all the packages which are created by me and other users as well.

Is there a way to restrict only to get them see only their packages?

Sorry sir but u asked this question please check your post again.

• just remove the root package and all other packages from package privilege  tab .
  • assign content admin role. and DONE