Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maintaining client field in a cross client table

racingpro
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I am struggling with this dictionnary issue.

My goal is to create a cross client transactional table that would allow me to create entries in SM30 and manually enter the client number. I do not want to transport the data in an OT.

My fields are like this :

SYSNAM

MANDT

BUKRS

When I perform the table maintenance generator the MANDT field does not appear as a column in SM30 and it is either populated automaticaly or not populated at all depending on which setup I choose.

I tried different solutions but I am not able to find the right combination. I also looked at solutions from other discussions but none of them seems to be solving my issue.

I tried the following:

- Delivery Class : A, C and E

- Data Class : APPL0, APPL1 and APPL2

- One step and Two step maintenance screens in the Maintenance Generator

- Difining MANDT has a key field and not a key field

- I also tried to modify the overview screen generated by the maintenance generator to add the MANDT column

If I maintain table T000 in SM30, I get the result I want since the MANDT field appears in the overview screen and you can create new entries and specify manually the client value. I tried to copy the T000 table in a Z table but I do not obtain the same possibility in SM30.

Can someone give me the right combination for my table and maintenance generator?

Thank you very much for your support,

Sylvain

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried using a predefined type to refer CLNT and size 3 and it worked(Even the field name as MANDT is accepted). Then I tried using a custom data element with a pre-defined type CLNT and Size 3 it worked too.

I re-generated the TMG on each occasion after making changes.

It seems as long as you refer MANDT as data element or domain SAP TMG will not have this field as the TMG generation program has got a hardcoded check ( Except table T000 obviously ).

Not sure why you need Client as non-key field. But this could be a workaround.

R

4 REPLIES 4

Juwin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you please tell what would be the relevance of client number and what happens if you don't have client number in that table?

Thanks

Juwin

former_member182915
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

when we create a tmg for any table a system define program will generate to maintain data , validation on data reparation and column hiding all those.

I suggest after table creation create your own  module pool program for data insert, delete and modify activity as in standard . one more data validation like data repetition problem.

if any doubt is their, I 'll try my best to resolve those.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried using a predefined type to refer CLNT and size 3 and it worked(Even the field name as MANDT is accepted). Then I tried using a custom data element with a pre-defined type CLNT and Size 3 it worked too.

I re-generated the TMG on each occasion after making changes.

It seems as long as you refer MANDT as data element or domain SAP TMG will not have this field as the TMG generation program has got a hardcoded check ( Except table T000 obviously ).

Not sure why you need Client as non-key field. But this could be a workaround.

R

racingpro
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you all guys for your answers.

I finally decided to use the predefined type CLNT in my table to avoid any issue with the MANDT field.

Unfortunately, I am not able to use the standard validation with table T000 but it is not a big issue for us.

Regards.