cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JVM in SolMan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys!

So in our landscape we have Solution Manager in a dual stack, and i've noticed that we have the JVM disabled, in all environments.

This doesn't seem to affect functionality since we mostly use it for ChaRM and RCA.

So I was wondering, is it just our landscape or is the jvm not used in a dual-stack?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sachingupta28
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Marcos,

Can you check your Java stack and also wily , do you see them up and running, if yes  probably you do have another JVM installed on your system.

What is the OS you are using, let me know so that I can give you command to check.

Thanks and Regards

Sachin Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sachin!

We are running the AS's in Unix.

Through MMC If I open up the Solution Manager tree, it shows the SDM / dispatcher / server0 running.

But when I enter Tx SM52, it displays the message 'VMC is not loaded'. So maybe I'm doing something wrong?

Thanks!

sachingupta28
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Marcos,

VMC is not loaded error is may be because of version mismatch, check KBA 1793427 - VMC Not loaded for more details.

If you see server process running, it means that it is using a JVM.

To check using which JVM it is being started, goto dev_server logs in work directory, in beginning you will see logs like below, which will give you JVM location and other information.

-> java path          : /usr/sap/SM1/DVEBMGS00/exe/sapjvm_4

-> java parameters    : -XX:MaxNewSize=600M -XX:NewSize=600M -XX:MaxPermSize=512M -XX:PermSize=512M -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+DisableExplicitGC -XX:TargetSurvivorRat

io=90 -XX:SurvivorRatio=4 -XX:+PrintGCDetails -XX:+PrintGCTimeStamps -verbose:gc -XX:SoftRefLRUPolicyMSPerMB=1 -XX:HeapDumpPath=OOM.hprof -XX:+HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryErro

r -Djco.jarm=1 -Djava.awt.headless=true -Djava.security.policy=./java.policy -Djava.security.egd=file:/dev/urandom -Dsun.io.useCanonCaches=false -Dorg.omg.CORBA.ORBClas

s=com.sap.engine.system.ORBProxy -Dorg.omg.CORBA.ORBSingletonClass=com.sap.engine.system.ORBSingletonProxy -Dorg.omg.PortableInterceptor.ORBInitializerClass.com.sap.eng

ine.services.ts.jts.ots.PortableInterceptor.JTSInitializer -Djavax.rmi.CORBA.PortableRemoteObjectClass=com.sap.engine.system.PortableRemoteObjectProxy -Dcom.sap.jvm.sce

nario=j2ee -XX:+HandlePromotionFailure -XX:+UseTLAB

-> java vm version    : 4.1.051 25.31-b07

-> java vm vendor     : SAP Java Server VM (SAP AG)

-> java vm type       : server

-> java vm cpu        : ppc64

Hope this will help!

Thanks and Regards

Sachin Gupta

Answers (0)