Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to generate number range in sap for data coming from sql system in BODS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Source : SQL 

Target : SAP (ECC)

I am getting all my Org.Mgmt data from external SQL Server into BODS and then to SAP.

Now, Number range in SQL Server is different and Number Range in SAP is different.

My Functional has defined Internal Number Ranges in SAP ECC System.

After getting data into BODS, i am using a Custom BAPI to Post the data into SAP ECC, but i am getting struck at Org.Mgmt as there will be difference number ranges in SAP ECC for Org.Unit, Job, Position.....and Also in Personnel Administration how do i convert my external number range to SAP Number range.

Do i need to use any Function module  NUMBER_GET_NEXT in BAPI.

If i use bapi also, in BAPI Exporting Parameter, what do i need to pass.

Thanks...

A Sustainer

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

iman_roy
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can check in the ECC NRIV table to find out the number range defined for your object.

Regarding the problem around maintaing the external number against the internal number generated in ECC can be maintained as below:

1) Maintain the external number recieved from SQL systems in a field to-be-updated in ECC structure which is not going to be used in subsequent activities (i.e maintain a dummy field in ECC structure if that is allowed).

2) Once you have uploaded the dataset using RFC enabled FM, a number would be generated by ECC against each records.

3) Take a dump of the ECC table into your staging sql database, with the ECC generated number and the dummy field which you had populated earlier. This would give you the reference for the SAP number against the external number and can be used as a lookup table in your downstream objects.

I assume that you are exporting a table structure into the BAPI with the fields populated along with the dummy field as mentioned above.

Hope this helps.

Thanks and Regards,

IR

venkataramana_paidi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

As my understand you have different number ranging in SQL and  different in SAP ECC.    You can get the number range from the ECC configurations then use the number range to generate the external number generate from the SAP Data Services.

You can use the AIO templates  and it will be easy for you . If you have access to the sap market place  then you can download the AIO templates from the sap knowledge base search. Please find the below screenshot for your reference.

else you can down load BPDM and get the all the templates for data migration.

Thanks & Regards,

Ramana.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkata,

We have followed the AIO Template only and struck at Number Range.

We have downloaded the BPDM for Org Mgmt, PA, TY and OM.

But in OM number range, how to solve it we are not getting a solution for this.

What are the activities that are guided in the AIO BPDM Template we have followed and created projects and executed the jobs with those files.

There are many pre-defined files we got when we extracted the BPDM and 1 of those is Number_Ranges_NRIV, but in this there is no number range given for OM.

Can you let me know, if there is any way to use the number range defined in the SAP ECC from BODS for Org, Jobs , Positions...

Thanks,

A Sustainer