cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fire Fighter log not linking changes to users properly

Former Member
0 Kudos

In our FFID process we have FFIDs that are accessible by small groups of people (3-4).  We have seen situations where 2 different users who both have the authority to gain access to the same FFID are accessing the account.  Both users access the FFID on the same day through the request/approval process in GRC.  Both do what they need and neither person is aware that the other is even using the same account and they are doing very different things with the FFID so there is no confusion from this perspective.  So, when the controller gets the log they questioned why person-1 had changed something when in fact it was person-2 who had made the change but it put person-1 on the log as having made the change inaccurately.  As part of the questions that ensued between the controller, person-1 and person-2 it was apparent that GRC linked the changes made by person-2 to person-1 inaccurately.  This does not consisently occur just intermittently.  Curious as to if anyone has seen such a situation?  I hate to create a 1 to 1 relationship where each user has their own FFID rather than the small group because this will increase the number of FFID accounts.  So in summary, GRC appears to (sometimes) get confused as to what user should be linked to a change when more than 1 person is using the same FFID.  Thoughts?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roy,

Could you share the Consolidated log report of both the FF ids.

Also, could you say, how you are sure that, person-1 has not executed the t-code.

Regards

Plaban

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm trying to get the details of the exact circumstances and after which I can get the logs.  True statement that I cannot be certain that person-1 did not executed the t-code but that is what I've been told by both parties so have to take it at face value.  So this was more of a question as to whether anyone has seen such a thing or not in your environments and it appears that no is the answer.  Possible that it was a mistake in some manner on the user end.

alessandr0
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Roy,

I have never heard of such a mix. Can you please let us know what is your current release and SP level?

Thanks and regards,

Alessandro

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are on GRC version 10 and Sp13

alessandr0
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Roy,

on that level it should actually work without any problem. I have worked on such installations and EAM worked as expected.

How often did this happen? Only once? How do you retrieve the logfiles (frequency and with which program)?

Regards,

Alessandro