cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HANA Studio: Installing hdbclient 64 bits issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

Please could any one give me a help, i am beginner on HANA Studio.

I need to install Hana Client (hdbclient 64 bits) to avoid error related to REGI.EXE location, but I can't get it from sap marketplace.

From marketpalce i have downloaded  "SAP HANA Platform SPS08" but unable to find HBCLIENT and install it.

Could you please give a dtailed way to install it.

Thanks

Farouk.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>I need to install Hana Client (hdbclient 64 bits) to avoid error related to REGI.EXE location

What error is that? The HANA Studio hasn't needed REGI for quite some time now. I think we removed the dependency back with SPS 07.  Certainly any recent version of Studio that you would want to use has no dependency upon REGI or the HANA Client.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Thomas,

The error is happening when i try to create a "New repository workspace" and says :

"An error occurred while getting repository client version. Repository client not properly configured".

On marketplace I can see among other below files:

SAP HANA Platf. Ed. 1.0 SPS09 (SAP HANA DB 1.00.97) 1/2          => EXE

SAP HANA Platf. Ed. 1.0 SPS09 (SAP HANA DB 1.00.97) 2/2          => RAR

Are there the rigth files to re- install Hana studio SPS09 and resolve my problem ?

Thanks.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

What version of the HANA Studio are you running currently that gives taht error.

From what you show of the Service Marketplace, I think you are seeing is the HANA Database itself. Studio has its own/separate entry:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great help, I have installed new version HANA studio and i am able to create a workspace.

Thanks a lot.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Is it possible to develop a query in Hana studio to access ECC VBAK/VBAP tables on application server and display the result via an URL with some HTML/SAPUI5 development ?

What is the best approach ?

Any input will be greatly hepful.

Thanks

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Saritha_K
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Though the below link is a bit old one, it still shows the way for finding the client version in market place-

Please check if this solves your problem or not.

Regards,

Saritha K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saritha,

In marketplace i can see file IMDB_CLIENT100_97_1-10009664.SAR under Support packages and Patches / Hana Client. But as you see it is .SAR file how can I install it.

I am very confused or Hana Studio it is not for me at all.

Thanks for your help.