cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error to run a Web Intelligence Client 4.1 sL.ProxyConsumption.protobuf.rpc.CubeDataSource

Former Member
0 Kudos

I created an universe that is using a service account. When I am trying to create a report using the universe in WEBI opens without any problem. When I am trying use WEB Intelligence Rich Client. I use the service account in the server application of BO and I received the following error :

But when I use the service account on any client machine for testing, I received the following error. The login failed is looking for the user that is logged on the client machine.

The access of the universe using any user account work fine in WEBI, except when they use WEB Rich Intelligence Client. Any idea ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you setup the ODBC connection in client machine to access universe via webi rich client?

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, it's setup too. It has the same data source.

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

How you have setup the ODBC connection "With SQL authentication” option  or windows NT ? Normally create a technical user in SQL DB with enough access and used the same in the universe connection & ODBC connection. After this users will not get the popup to enter the user details again at the time report design.

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

I setup using Windows NT authentication because my company changes the security rules, no more SQL authentication. My preference is SQL authentication because it the easier connection and I don't these problems. I am using a service account and it has the enough rights to see the database tables and run queries. The problem is in Web Intelligence Rich Client. ODBC connection is working using WEBI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

DBA made some changes in the security of the service account. It's working now.

Answers (0)