cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SWPM - Splitting ASCS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone

I am running SOLMAN 7.1 SPS13 on AIX/Oracle. I am trying to split ASCS on the same host using SWPM for testing the process. Here are the steps I did and the issues:

• SWPM version: 70SWPM10SP08_4-20009697.sar
  • Export CI: SAP SOLUTION MANAGER 7.1 Support Release 1 --> Software Lief-Cycle options --> System Copy --> Oracle --> Source System Export --> Distributed System --> Beased on AS ABAP and AS Java --> Central Instance Export - success.
  • Install ASCS -- success
  • Uninstall CI -- success
  • Import CI: SAP SOLUTION MANAGER 7.1 Support Release 1 --> Software Lief-Cycle options --> System Copy --> Oracle --> Target System Installation --> Distributed System --> Beased on AS ABAP and AS Java --> Central Instance -- This step not allowing me to import the previously exported CI; no option. It it asking for the necessary CD to re-install.

Did anyone manage to do this before? Did I miss a step?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nader,

Good Day..!!

Have a look at below KBA

Differently of systems based on SAP NetWeaver 7.1 and higher, there is no option in SWPM to split off ASCS from PAS. This is not possible to be done automatically. Also manually modify files is not supported.

The solution for systems based on SAP NetWeaver 7.0x is to perform a system copy. Then during the target system installation it will be possible to install the new system with separated ASCS and PAS.

2073500 - FAQ: Splitting off ASCS from PAS

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Divyanshu

Thanks for the reply. I saw this OSS note. I was trying to do the "install" step using the previous export. SAP claims that it is doable, but I did not see the option. I will try to uninstall all components (not only CI0 and see if I get the option to import.

In the he following thread the admin did the same.

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Good Luck..!!

Best Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Again, this did not work as expected. I cannot use the CI export as there is no option in the process at all. Did anyone do this before?

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To be honest, I have not done this. However, I would be learning this from your expereince on solman.

Best Regards,

isaias_freitas
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Try following the SAP KBA 2119669.

And there is always the option to perform the split manually: SAP note 821904.

Regards,

Isaías

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nader,

Please check the following link,

section 7.8

https://websmp106.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/012002523100010939122014E

Regards

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Anand

SOLMAN 7.1 is based on NW 7.02 not 7.3. This is not the correct process for my case.