Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Tablespace of new secondary index. oracle table

Hi All

We have recently created custom index in ECC system on table GLPCA.  After creation of index in development system; we moved the transport further.

The system schema is SAPERP.  Usually default tablespace for data is PSAPERP and for indexes in PSAPERPI. But the newly created index fell in tablespace 'PSAPERPUSR' instead of PSAPERPI.

Could you please advise how its decided which tablespace; the new secondary index will fall into.  As per few SDN blogs; I found; it should be inside default tablespace PSAP<..> I.   Few mention about tables IADB6 and TADB6; but nothing clear from there too.

No tablespace was intentionally specified while creating index; but we have got concerns about tablespace falling in different tablespace

Could anyone please check and advise which tablespace the secondary index falls into and on what logic.

Thanks

Varun

Former Member
Former Member replied

So; does it mean that all the secondary indexes will fall under PSAPERPUSR by default as they are user developed.

No; as I wrote, it depends on the 'Technical settings' of the respective table, as it can be seen in transaction SE11 for example.

I just looked in one of our ECC systems: Table GLPCA has APPL1 as 'Data Class'. Please have a look at your system!

According to your list an index for 'Data Class' = APPL1 should be created in tablespace PSAPERPI.

One more question:

How was your index created?

In the SAPGUI, with transaction SE11 for example?

Or was it created by database tools like sqlplus in advance?

(Somehow I suspect the latter ...)

regards

0 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question