cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resources Research - Project Management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts!,

I am working with PPM 5.0, and I am searching a solution to resources management. I can create the resources through the browser, but I realized I have to create a link to the resource in the PPOME transaction to see these resources when I want to assign them into the cproject. (If I do not assign the resource in the PPOME, I can not see the resource in the candidate list into the cproject).

So, I would like to know if exists any chance to do a resources segregation, I mean, when I want to assign a resource into a cproject that belongs to specific portfolio, I would like to display only resources of the specific portfolio. Is it possible?

If I mentioned is not possible, exists any possibility to segregate the resources by geographic area or anything?

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

dpitp
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello German,

I like to point you to:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3776379 just to clear that you need business partners.

The link can be done there by filling in the details in tab 'Identification'. Be sure that you created the business user with BP role 'employee'.

Also use transaction RPM_EMPDATA to maintain details to users/resources.

There you can enter location, skills, availaibility etc.

Location or skills are examples to filter the resource search according specific data.

Than, you can create your own search help just by configuration maintainance (as long as you create them as z...*).

Does it help you? Kindly reward if so ...

BR

Darijo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Darijo,

I apologize for the delay. Thank you for you response.

I was searching and adding to your reply, I consider that I need create the resources through browser and the next step is create or assign the resource in the PPOME transaction to see the resources when I want to assign them into the cProject.

On the other hand I was looking for the diferrents ways to search resources, and I was testing the different manners to apply a filter by 'areas and locations'; 'quialifications'; 'organizative units'.

Thank you again for your help.

Regards!

Answers (0)