cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Testing VMS - Password Incorrect

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have upgraded to BI 4.1 SP2 from BI 4.0.

When I go to Application - Version Management and settings. the settings for subversion had all gone.

I updated the settings and it didnt like the repository name where the default was used LCM_Repository. Ref note, 1709308 it looks like the repository name has changed to "svn_repository"

that resolved that problem but now i get an error password is incorrect. Is there a way to reset the password? The password I am entering is correct as far as I am aware but doesnt seem to be working. 

cheers,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

So I found this thread

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3335062

"you set this password in the passwd file located in the path indicated under "Install Path"

I cant find a password file in the install path but can find a file where the repository is held:

"SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\LCM_repository\svn_repository\conf"

it is called "passwd" - am I ok to just update the password in this file and restart LCM?

I just concerned that in the readme file it states

"This is a Subversion repository; use the 'svnadmin' tool to examine it.  Do not add, delete, or modify files here unless you know how to avoid corrupting the repository."

So dont want to mess with the files unless i know it wont cause more problems for me.

Cheers

amitrathi239
Active Contributor

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

updated password in following directory and RESTARTED LCM APS SERVER

SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\LCM_repository\svn_repository\conf

The issue was the special character.