Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consumption Account

former_member319737
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Expert.

While doing standard cos estimate of a semi finished goods system is giving message Consumption account cannot be determined for

• Chart of accounts            : COA1
  • Transaction                  : GBB
  • Valuation/acct modification  :     /ZOF
  • Material/valuation class     : 000000000000100051 /7900

Material 100051 is a scrap material.

My question is while doing standard cost estimate we are not using consumption account, consumption account is take place while confirmation not in standard cost estimate then why system is taking at the time of standard cost estimate?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kamalkumar_biswas2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Debashsh

This is very interesting question for many who initially started CO standard cost /planning cost level and I think it very right observation. Now I am trying to give some light on it.

One thing I have understood from my experience that SAP has been designed keeping importance in planning  in every level of cost calculation and to build up a checks & control to proceed further to actual level , parameters are checked in regards to any material movement having assigned valuation class in MMaster though it may come up at actual consumption..But you slightly thing in depth..what do you understand when we maintain components in BOM...it is one kind of consumption instruction to manufacturing a product at planning level..so system has every right to ask for consumption settings in OBYC.

I think I have provided you some system behaviour...

Kamal

former_member319737
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Kamal Sir.

Thanks for your reply.

I am fully agreed to you when we maintain BOM that means Finished goods is produce to that material, whatever maintain in BOM its one type Consumption instruction we are giving to the system.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

rajneesh_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Don't worry system is not going to pass any entry in these consumption accounts.

Since we have to do settings for material consumption through OBYC in FI-MM integration, system tries to identify the consumption accounts from the same settings at the time of calculation of standard cost estimate.

Regards

Rajneesh

former_member319737
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi.

Thanks for your reply.

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Debasish,

This is required to display the cost break up of the material.

Regards,

Mukthar

former_member319737
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for your reply.