cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting a forecast

Former Member
0 Kudos

guys,

can you help me understand how does someone export a forecast from their APO system to another ERP system. The scenario I have in mind is to send the forecast I have in my APO system tot hat of a customer's R/3 system. The reasons for this are many, however I am curious aout how this should be done technically, is there a BAPI to invoke, or is there a standard report etc.

cheers

Paul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We had a similar requirement. The forecast need to be send to a legacy system. We had done using BW extracts the data from DP and send it to the legacy system by flat file. (Infospoke solution).

/Shibu

(Thanks for rewarding points if this is helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

shibu,

thanks for the reply. Can you explain to me the concept of infospoke solution, please.

cheers

Paul

Former Member

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are both your systems connected?

If they are connected, Go to the admin of planing area to the POS and choose the POS that is attached to the Planning Area you want to transfer Demand From

here you can assign a characterisitic as a Location and another as a Product

( in the top toolbar--> edit)

Then create a data view that has the demand key figure you want to transfer, time bucket should be the same as the buckete you want the PIR in R3

then do the following steps

Create a Transfer profile with this data view (/SAPAPO/MC8U)

Define activity for mass processing and attach this transfer profile(/SAPAPO/MC8T)

Create a job with this activity (/SAPAPO/MC8D)

Schedule this job and execute it

If you cant still see the PIR in R3 check the publication settings (search for this in SPRO) and make sure you have set this for the locations you want to transfer

Former Member
0 Kudos

harish,

the systems are not connected, so in this scenario we have an APO system attempting to send data to a customer R/3 system probably via some middleware.

Do you have any ideas on this?

Regards

paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Am not sure I have a readymade solution . It would have been ideal to have to pass this on to the customers APO system.

I would, in this case, check with the Customer about the format of the data required and the frequency of data load etc

As Shibu pointed out it is possible to extract data from the planning area into a .csv format using open hub (or infospokes depending on the version). Pl check the Data warehousing documentation that describes this.

this .csv file containing the Forecast would in effect be the Output from APO. If you have a middleware you should be able to process the file to pass it on as input to the Customers R3 system. From thereon it will be the customers system that has the onus to processes it

The points to note in addition to the format will be the material and location mapping between the systems and the time buckets