Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating KM folders and assigning to users

UdayMS
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have a requirement where the user after doing transaction in ECC thru portal generates PDF document like PO, Return PO, Good receipt etc.

These PDFs need to be stored in Portal for later use by the user. How can we use KM to achieve this? If we create folders in KM and assign to users, is there a way we can assign where in each user will be able to see only documents saved by him.

Any other solution is appreciated.

Thanks

Uday

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rohit_singhal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Uday,

Are you going to create a further step after generation of PDF in ECC where these documents will be stored, or whether the users will be manually saving the documents?

If it is the latter case, then a simple way of achieving this would be to create folders in Favorites for users, in this way users can only view PDFs created by them. You would have to create folders in /userhome/<userid>/ for each user or ask users to create folders in their my favorites iView on Portal.

If it is the former case, you might have to create a custom component, which stores the PDF in KM, in the a folder say: /etc/documents/<userid>, where the UserID can be determined using UM APIs, and storage in KM can be done using KM APIs.

Let me know in case either of the above approaches help you.

Best Regards,

Rohit Singhal

UdayMS
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

Thanks for the reply.

We are using Ajax Framework Page in Desktop. Currently there is no option to Add to favorites in the navigation pane. Below is what we have.

Let me know where to add the Add to favourites option. I searched in all the ivews of AFP but no luck.

Thanks

Uday

former_member189925
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Uday

To add the option 'Add to Portal favorites'

1. Traverse to the path : Content Administration -> Portal Display -> Framework Page Configuration

2. Select the particular Framework page used in your case from the dropdown.

3. Under the Tool Bar section check the option "show 'Add to Portal favorites' Option"

4. Save and refresh the page.

5. If its still not reflecting, then clear the cache and login again into the portal.

Regards

Santarshi Samanta

UdayMS
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Santarshi,

I did the above steps. Still not seeing that option.

Thanks

Uday