cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCN log in with Certificate not possible

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I realized already Saturday from home that the Certificate is not accepted to log in on SCN. I tried with Chrome and IE11, no difference. Today I encountered the same from my workplace.

When starting SCN the first time the Certificate shows up and after clicking ok it takes a few moments where I can see in the status bar that some address are processed but then it stops without being logged in.

When I click the log on  hyperlink, a screen comes up to register or to log in with user id and password, but no option to use the Certificate, so I enter my credentials to be here.

Can somebody please check why the Certificate does not work in SCN, in the market place and open.sap.com is no such issue.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Now I am back home from work, booted the PC, and oh wonder it worked with the old certificate like a charm. I tried it again in Incognito mode, and it worked with the certificate too.

No cache clearance, no renewed certificate ...

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

My certificates (in IE and FF) expired too. Had no issues renewing and logging in today (Monday) morning. But I had only single certificate.

Quite interesting - 7/18 seems like some kind of D-day for certificate expiration... Well, no wonder then trust center would be crushing.

It might not be related but in the last week I've had more than usual share of random access errors on the SAP sites (both SCN and Support). Got something like gateway error and odd HTTP ones I've never seen before.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm thinking this is related to the new SMP Root CA, support for the old one ended on July 18th. Depending when you have requested for your SAP Passport and which SAP root certifcate was used to sign it, your SSO might still work. Easiest way is just to request a new SAP Passport, which I did.

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ah, I didn't think to look at the expiration date of the root, but that would definitely explain it, and as Jelena pointed out, if large numbers of people then all tried to renew at the same time, that could overload the trust center.

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Curious. I was working from home this weekend, and my home certificate expired in the middle of the day on the 18th (just like Ainars, apparently). I tried to renew the certificate, but both Saturday and yesterday I kept getting an error that the trust center was down, so I resigned myself to logging in to support and SCN manually (not a big deal on SCN, but a pain on the support site, when you have to re-enter the password almost every time you click a link, it seems).

Today (Monday), at work, my certificate is still un-expired and is working fine -- I'm in with it. I'll have to try later when back at home to see if the trust center is up again and allowing me to renew that cert.

Still, I wonder if the trust center being down over the weekend was related to your certificate woes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the same. I found that my SAP certificate has expired - it was valid until 18th July.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No that is not the case with mine, I have individual certificates at my home computer and my work computer and they are both valid until next year spring. 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maybe it can help - delete SAP single sign-on certificate and then renew it back from SAP Service Marketplace.

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi - Does clearing your cache help things?