Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consuming GWaaS / HCI OData Provisioning on trial

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

wondering if there is a simple solution here?

I'm trying to consume a service published on HCI OData Provisioning trial - my problem is how to authenticate to that service. It seems that since the HCP account is using SAP IdP (SAP ID Service) as the authentication method I need to use SAML to authenticate. Problem is the tool I am trying to consume the service only allows client certificates, basic or no authentication.

The tool I'm using to consume the service - HCI

So how do I configure my HCI OData Provisioning to allow basic authentication/certificate for a specific user from HCI.

I've tried to pass basic authentication headers to the HCI OData Provisioning service, but it won't accept them, I can change the IdP assigned in the HCP account, but it still wants to use SAML SSO.

If I use a proxy service that has the SSO cookie, I can access the HCI OData Provisioning service - but that's not even a short term solution. What I need is to be able to set up a service user in HCI OData Provisioning and set username/password, or extract/upload a certificate that I could use to authenticate to HCI OData Provisioning from HCI.

To me, it looks as if I can't, but surely I should be able to consume HCI OData provisioning from HCI... or not....

Thanks for some help here!

Cheers,

Chris

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I moved this question to this forum as it wasn't getting any love in the HCP forums. - Anyone HCI fans want to jump in and help out?

Cheers,

Chris

0 Kudos

Hi chris ,

Kindly checkConsuming HCP ODP Services for the My Inbox Fiori, cloud edition App - YouTube .

This might help you.

Regards,

Meghal Shah

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Btw - I don't think creating a proxy application with zero authentication as per

is actually a solution - although I could create an app and set it up with basic auth - I think being able to consume HCI OData Provisioning service from HCI should be simpler than it appears.